PDA

View Full Version : I love brown and orange!

mostwanted
May 22nd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Who's with me?

nanotube
May 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
me 2 :)

henriquemaia
May 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
I love the default Ubuntu theme.

RAV TUX
May 22nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
yes I must agree, I changed my desk top wallpaper for about 5 minutes, then I missed the human theme too much.

DigitalDuality
May 22nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
I just posted about this...but heh.. here it is again

Most people tend to think the brown and orange are quite unfortunately choice of colors. Frankly, i think it's the only tasteful choice of colors left that could readily identify a distro.
Gentoo= Purple, Suse=Green, Debian =Red, Fedora= Blue, Mandrake=blue/yellow, Linspire= windows colors, Slackware and Mepis =Blue, etc, etc.

2ndly i hated it at first. I hated it not only in ubuntu..but also this forum.

Now I have used it for a while.. and i find the colors warm, and down to earth. There's something welcoming and human about shades of brown, tan, orange, etc..I have left my human theme on my machine now for about a month. I quite like it.

Mathias-K
May 22nd, 2006, 10:00 PM
That's not really a useful poll :)

I really like the orange elements, and i would like to see the replacement trend from brown to orange or other lighter colours continue, so what should i vote? :)

Lord Illidan
May 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Dapper orange theme is really good. It beats Fedora's default theme, and is instantly identifiable. I have not changed it yet...which means that it is REALLY good.

curuxz
May 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Call me crazy but I would prefer a monochrome theme, nice white backgrounds with a black ubuntu logo, hell maybe i will make a theme up some time to show what i mean, but atm im so damn busy :(

Stew2
May 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
I like the colors :) . They are original, identifiable and I find them easy on the eyes. A refreshing change from the common blues, greens and greys. IMHO ;)

Cheers,
Stew

Biltong (Dee)
May 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Brown & Orange are the colours of Africa. End of story.

sophtpaw
May 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
I love Safari colors. Hues of orange brown suit me just fine.
But the beauty is how easy it is to configure all settings

sophtpaw
May 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
My current Desktop: 9864

RAV TUX
May 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
I would love to see a firefox theme that blends well with Ubuntu Dapper. I have yet to see anything that blends well.

RAV TUX
May 22nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
My current Desktop: 9864
beautiful...here is my current desktop....I love Gnome!

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5375/screenshotoriginal2tb1gd.th.png (http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotoriginal2tb1gd.png)

see more desktops here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=168841&page=63

YourSurrogateGod
May 22nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I like it, but I prefer other themes.

/what can brown do for you?

RAV TUX
May 22nd, 2006, 11:16 PM
I like it, but I prefer other themes.

/what can brown do for you?

brown can bring you back to earth and the spiritual awareness of ubuntu

23meg
May 22nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
The new default theme is so good that it delayed my usual instant switch to Clearlooks-gperfection2 by five days.

Wolki
May 22nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
I'm down with brown. Orange is fine too.

YourSurrogateGod
May 23rd, 2006, 02:04 AM
brown can bring you back to earth and the spiritual awareness of ubuntu
Unless that was meant to be sarcastic, I'm not big on spirituality and such. It's a fitting look for Gnome and it pleasing to the eye (atleast mine), but I have tastes that I prefer.

papangul
May 23rd, 2006, 02:30 AM
I'm not big on spirituality and such.....
You are aleady "down to earth" !

fuscia
May 23rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
orange can be really nice. brown? yuk!

jnev
May 23rd, 2006, 04:52 AM
the default dapper theme is decent, but the breezy theme is godawful IMO.. the brown is just ugly.

Rhapsody
May 23rd, 2006, 05:19 AM
I don't mind orange, but I don't really like brown. Kind of academic as I went with Kubuntu, which uses a lot of blue.

Mathias-K
May 23rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
I don't mind orange, but I don't really like brown. Kind of academic as I went with Kubuntu, which uses a lot of blue.

I think a lot of users went Kubuntu Breezy over Ubuntu because of the light blue over the old brown. Now, on the other hand, the orange has attracted users like me back, and left the stark blue colors of Kubuntu behind a bit.. :)

mostwanted
May 23rd, 2006, 10:22 AM
I think a lot of users went Kubuntu Breezy over Ubuntu because of the light blue over the old brown. Now, on the other hand, the orange has attracted users like me back, and left the stark blue colors of Kubuntu behind a bit.. :)

*says the obvious about changing themes*

Mathias-K
May 23rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
*says the obvious about changing themes*

I know, but I didn't think changing themes was so easy back then :) Also now, I don't feel like changing anything when Ubuntu has been going so great :) Okay, the wallpaper, but other than that...

Where do you get the widget factory, and how can I actually fine-tune a theme? http://www.ubuntu.com/include/testing/flight6/ubuntulooks-big.png

It could be nice to add just a little more orange to Dapper :)

jeremy
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Brown and orange, those were the colours of the cheapest slip-on sofa covers that I ever saw in a shop window.

graigsmith
May 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
well, for dapper, i kinda dont like the theme.

The orange is too saturated for me. and there is too much contrast for me in the standard windows. (ie white on black). i almost like the low contrast theme. but it is not enough contrast.

flaimo
May 23rd, 2006, 02:01 PM
i think ubuntu should be shipped with more color variations of the same theme. like windows xp has an silver and kind of green version of their interface, ubuntu should have a green, red, blue and grey version (including matching icon colors) besides the orange one.

Rhodan
May 23rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Orange is better than brown, but I'd prefer more soothing / gentle colours as default. I've not seen dappers yet, busy downloading right now ...

bluenova
May 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
I don't like the breezy theme, first thing I did after installing was switch to clearlooks default. Havn't tried dapper yet.