PDA

View Full Version : adding languages/dictionaires to Libre

Arggg
July 17th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I have recently installed Ubuntu and started using Libre. The thing is I need to add more languages to correct my documents as I need at least the german language and only the english language seems to work. Unfortunately I cannot quite understand how it works with Libre.
So the question is:

- How can I add more languages/dictionaries in Libre?
When choosing "add more dictionaries" I am redirected to a website with lots of files but I dont know which ones to download. I just wanted a similar procedure to add more languages as in Open Office for example.

Thanks

el_koraco
July 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Open Synaptic, and type in German. You should get a set of packages. There's German support for Applications, and a package that pulls in the dictionary 8I think it should be called myspell-de).

grahammechanical
July 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM
You can open the software Centre and do a search for German. Click on the link that says Show 179 technical items and look for German dictionary for Hunspell hunspell-de-de. Click more information and you will see these words

This is the German (Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg) dictionary (de-DE-1996) for use with the hunspell spellchecker which is currently used within OpenOffice.org2 and as an ispell clone.

Hunspell is the dictionary used by Libreoffice, Openoffice and other programs.

Regards.

Arggg
July 19th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Grahammechanical, found and solved! :-)