PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Aspire One Screen Brightness Issue

jreddington
July 17th, 2011, 02:25 AM
I have recently installed 11.04 on my Acer Aspire One D150. There seems to be a glitch in screen brightness. If there is no activity on the unit for about 15 seconds, the screen become brighter. The instant I move a cursor or do anything, the brightness drops down to a lower level. Then it remains there as long as I am working and only goes back up in brightness after another 15 seconds of inactivity.

That certainly seems backward in any kind of power management. I can't seem to find anything in Settings that addresses this.

Any solutions?

foresthill
July 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM
You may want to have a look at this link:

http://linux-on-acer-aspire-5732z.blogspot.com/2011/06/backlight-workaround-for-linux-mint-11.html

It helped me with my brightness issues, even though yours seem slightly different. I had been getting a black screen as soon as I tried to log in, which continued even after I logged in.

Essentially what the fix above does is create a script that's executed every time your system boots that sets brightness at a level that you determine.

You may also want to look at your power management settings.

jreddington
July 17th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but as you noted, this doesn't really apply to my issue.

I have looked in Power Management where I would have expected this to be addressed but no luck.