PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Black screen while trying to install 10.04 LTS or older.

StephenP55M-UD2
July 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Alright, so I have never had this problem before on the 3 computers I have succesfully had Ubuntu installed on. But this is the first desktop I have had it installed on. I've looked up and down but nothing seems to help. I have a custom built desktop which as a video card I put in an ATI HD5750. The motherboard is a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 with an Intel Core i3-530 overclocked to 4.07Ghz installed. 4GB of OCZ DDR3 10700 RAM. 500GB HDD etc...

So my problem is when I try to install 10.04.2 LTS or anything older I get a black screen after it shows the "Ubuntu" with a purplish background and the 4 or 5 loading dots below. If I install using wubi it will install. But once I choose to go to that OS my desktop says its going into "Power-Saving Mode" and turns off. I think its something to do with my graphics card being unsupported but I have no idea. In 11.04 it works but my motherboard is detected wrong and my onboard LAN doesn't work exactly right(I have a post in Networking & Wireless but only 1 person even tried helping on that one....) and when I did mess around with Ubuntu I got used to 8.04 and 9.04 and how Ubuntu was. I'm not too fond of the changes its made. Well Thanks for anyone who can help me out.. :)