PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling Ubuntu trouble

chingyg
July 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hi, I installed ubuntu 10.04 for the sake of my computer programming class during the spring semester, but now I want to uninstall it because I rarely use it.

I'm running windows 7 home premium. Here's what I've done so far. I downloaded EasyBCD 2.1 and installed the windows 7 bootloader to MBR. Then, when I try to delete the linux partitions from my disk management, I don't see it anywhere. Here's what I see instead:

(C:)
HP_TOOLS
RECOVERY (D:)
SYSTEM

I'm not really sure what to do now. Is there another way to delete the linux partitions? Thanks!

dino99
July 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
depend on how it was installed: inside windoz(eg wubi) or with its own partitions.
Formatting is the way to delete partitions, be sure of which you select (and always when partition is not used)

chingyg
July 16th, 2011, 05:03 PM
depend on how it was installed: inside windoz(eg wubi) or with its own partitions.
Formatting is the way to delete partitions, be sure of which you select (and always when partition is not used)

I installed it from a usb using wubi.exe so it can boot through dualboot. I'm not sure how to format because this is a laptop and windows 7 premium came with it already installed.

bcbc
July 16th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Go to the control panel, Add/remove programs and select Ubuntu. That will remove it completely. (You didn't have to reload the Windows bootloader in the MBR, but it doesn't hurt either)