PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install Zend Server from local installation file

cazzy
July 16th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I am running Windows XP Pro and the latest edition of Virtualbox. I installed Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop Edition on a virtual drive in Virtualbox. I connect to the internet via a mobile phone at expensive rates, so I do not want to retrieve and install Zend Server from the repository via my Ubuntu Desktop Edition. I would prefer to install Zend Server directly from the file that I have on my hard drive.

My Question:
What are the series of commands that I must type into the terminal window within the Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop Edition (on the virtual drive) to install the latest "Zend Server Community Edition" considering that the .tar.gz file is located in a sub folder titled "zend" at the root of my C: drive on windows XP?

Example: C:\mydownloads\zend\ZendServer-CE-php-5.3.5-5.1.0-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz

I would be most appreciative for your advice.

Kind Regards,
Cazzy

cazzy
July 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Can anybody advise me of the series of commands that I must type into the terminal window within the Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop Edition (on the virtual drive) to install the latest "Zend Server Community Edition" considering that the .tar.gz file is located in a sub folder titled "zend" at the root of my C: drive on windows XP?

Example: C:\mydownloads\zend\ZendServer-CE-php-5.3.5-5.1.0-linux-glibc23-i386.tar.gz

dino99
July 18th, 2011, 04:08 PM
look at /var/cache/apt/archives/ to see if the package(s) is there, otherwise grab it from a cdrom, or connect from an other place with better connection