PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbie here with Ubuntu Install Problem.

JCav75
July 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Attempting to install 9.10 Ubuntu onto a 500 GB PS3 with 3.15 firmware. I've been able to get the installer running. Yet, I'm on step 5 of 6 and the installer seems to not recognize my keyboard. It's asking me for my name and to create a password in order to pass on to the next step of the install, and my keyboard doesn't type into the text fields. Does anyone know anything that might be the cause of my problem and how to fix it? I've been working at this for the past three days and it seems to be the most complicated install. help? Thanks.

steve11911
July 15th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Attempting to install 9.10 Ubuntu onto a 500 GB PS3 with 3.15 firmware. I've been able to get the installer running. Yet, I'm on step 5 of 6 and the installer seems to not recognize my keyboard. It's asking me for my name and to create a password in order to pass on to the next step of the install, and my keyboard doesn't type into the text fields. Does anyone know anything that might be the cause of my problem and how to fix it? I've been working at this for the past three days and it seems to be the most complicated install. help? Thanks.

On the page linked below scroll down to mellowwoods fix...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1392447