PDA

View Full Version : Email client with easy filters?

zami
July 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I'd like to try an email client, that is *all* email client. (Maybe email and address book). I love Evolution, but sometimes it's just so dang slow

Anyhow the biggest concern is, ease of setting up filters. I have around 50 filters and the folders they go into, divided into several categories.

I tried switching to Thunderbird a while ago, but the filters were a nightmare to set up.

Any suggestions?

-zami

PS I hope this is okay here (Community Cafe). I feel like "General Help" is for when you have a problem and need help. And this isn't really a "problem" just... shopping for a new email client. No where else seemed appropriate.

koleoptero
July 14th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Seems like postler is what you want but I can't attest for its filtering system. It is just an email client though.

zami
July 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks! Maybe I'll try it out.

Is that the default email client in ElementaryOS? I know I saw the name recently - that's the only thing I can think where that might have been listed.

-zami

koleoptero
July 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Yes you can also see it on the elementaryos.org website.

zami
July 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Well, darn. I don't see any option to leave messages on my mail server, which is a must for me when trying out a new email client.

The hunt continues!

-zami