PDA

View Full Version : java

rpmp
July 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
what sup everyone? i dont know if u remmeber when i was asking about learning C++ anyways after reading a tutorial that i got i decided to start of simpler like with java after all im 13 years old and learning C++ alone for me is hard so i rather start learning java to use on ubuntu and windows so any advice on what do i need to learn it for windows and ubuntu? thanks in advance.

stchman
July 13th, 2011, 11:59 PM
what sup everyone? i dont know if u remmeber when i was asking about learning C++ anyways after reading a tutorial that i got i decided to start of simpler like with java after all im 13 years old and learning C++ alone for me is hard so i rather start learning java to use on ubuntu and windows so any advice on what do i need to learn it for windows and ubuntu? thanks in advance.

I would recommend staying away from a Java IDE until you get good with Java. Use Geany or Gedit and keep a terminal open for compiling/running your Java programs.

Once you get pretty good with Java install Netbeans and start really developing.

Good luck.

rpmp
July 14th, 2011, 12:20 AM
i havent even found java for windows or ubuntu i dont know how to usse it or what u mean?

TwoEars
July 14th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I suggest sticking to a nicer language such a Python to learn basic algorithms before learning more complex languages (there are many tutorials for Python suited for newbies, just google "python tutorial")

~!geek!~
July 14th, 2011, 12:54 AM
So you wish to learn Java.
On a machine running LINUX,
Follow this:
1. Download the sun java from ubuntu repositories.
2. Write a program on one of the text editors in java (copy a java helloworld program from some website )
3. Open terminal. change directory to the one where you saved the program.java file. Remember to name the file cautiously. The file name should be same as classname used in the program with .java extension. If class name is abc, the file name should be abc.java
4. Now type: javac abc.java on terminal to compile the java file to bytecode version.
5. Run the file created, abc in this case using java abc command.
I wish you luck.

stchman
July 14th, 2011, 06:04 AM
i havent even found java for windows or ubuntu i dont know how to usse it or what u mean?

To install Java 1.6 in Ubuntu you must enable the Partner Repository (Ubuntu 10.04 or later) and use the following line in the terminal:

sudo apt-get -y install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin

You can them Java it up.

rpmp
July 14th, 2011, 07:25 PM
thanks anybody know any to read about java or tutorial.

JupiterV2
July 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
thanks anybody know any to read about java or tutorial.

Doing a simple search for "java tutorial" will render what is probably the best tutorial for learning java, straight from Oracle (http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/) themselves.

amiacamal
July 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
When you do get a basic grasp on things, google "Project euler"
These are challenges (For any programming language) I'v only done a few but they are good to practice, when you have some experience that is!