PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Ubuntu login screen flickers and doesn't work..Please Help!

_Cathy_
July 13th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Hi there, Im having a major problem with my laptop - would be really really greatful for any help!

I dual boot my laptop atm with Ubuntu 11.04 and Win7. When I turned it on this morning I found that the appearance settings of Ubuntu had changed to some light blue scheme. I didnt think much of this tbh, and when I turned it on later it had just changed back to normal. However, a few hours ago, I plugged my PC screen into the laptop. Both screens were working absolutely fine. I later started installing something from the software centre, and suddenly the screen turned black with white writing. There was nothing written that I could make any sense of. It stayed like that for ages, so eventually I restarted. However now, when the laptop starts up, it boots normally, then when it gets to the ubuntu login screen it flickers and the login box is just white with no writing. I managed to log in eventually, but there was just a plain desktop screen and nothing else. The windows side of things is absolutely fine though.

I would really appreciate any help/ideas/suggestions! Im really panicking about this!

Thanks in advance

_Cathy_
July 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM
bump. anybody?