PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I restore my Ubuntu desktop dock bar ?

Mvitsor
July 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I tried to apply some Compiz effects in my Ubuntu but I suppose something went wrong and I unabled something as now, when I turn it on, nothing appears: after login, I can just see the background and my desktop shortcuts: no side dock bar or top bar. I've installed Ubuntu last week and I don't know it very well.
When start in in Safe Mode, the top bar appears and, although there's not the side dock bar, another bar appears in the bottom (I think that's normal in the Safe Mode). I have a Terminal shortcut, so I can access it, and when I create shortcutut in the Safe Mode it also appears in the Normal one, so access to software won't be a problem while solving this issue.
Please help! :confused:

wildmanne39
July 14th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I tried to apply some Compiz effects in my Ubuntu but I suppose something went wrong and I unabled something as now, when I turn it on, nothing appears: after login, I can just see the background and my desktop shortcuts: no side dock bar or top bar. I've installed Ubuntu last week and I don't know it very well.
When start in in Safe Mode, the top bar appears and, although there's not the side dock bar, another bar appears in the bottom (I think that's normal in the Safe Mode). I have a Terminal shortcut, so I can access it, and when I create shortcutut in the Safe Mode it also appears in the Normal one, so access to software won't be a problem while solving this issue.
Please help! :confused:Hi, click on reset unity or compiz in my signature below this text then reset unity.

Also here is a link for setting up the cube and effects in natty with pictures for every step.
http://amazingubuntucube.blogspot.com/