PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] sharing a mobile broadband

fawzan
July 13th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hi,
Im having access to net via hsdpa modem or dongle. i need to share the internet via wifi to access the net from my android tablet. how could i do this?

Thanks in advance

fawzan
July 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
:confused: could anybody answer please..

haqking
July 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi,
Im having access to net via hsdpa modem or dongle. i need to share the internet via wifi to access the net from my android tablet. how could i do this?

Thanks in advance

You want to use your USB dongle to act as a WIFI access point for another machine (tablet) ?

I would say no, i mean Internet Connection Sharing is possible but only if another machine is alreeady connected on the Lan to your machine.

A dongle wont give your machine and another device connecting wirelessly an internet connection.

If you have an smartphone (android/iphone) you could make that a wireless hotspot though

fawzan
July 14th, 2011, 04:14 AM
mm well thanks for the answer. But i have tried it in ms windows using a tool call connectify. then what do u think about that?
can't i share it using any tools???

yataketumbe
April 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
please share if anyone has found a solution to having your laptop act as a WIFI Hotspot with its 3G/HSPA/LTE dongle/modem as the source of internet connection.

Angelos72
May 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Android devices cannot connect to ad-hoc wi-fi networks and this yet another complication.

hostapd is supposed to work, but I have not been able to make it work, since my wireless network card does not support AP (Access Point) mode.