PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wicd wont work

louisgonick
July 13th, 2011, 04:33 AM
with the help of some people in the forum i installed wicd. According to windows I have an Atheros AR5007 wireless card, and according to ubuntu I have an AR5001 card. On the top bar it tells me that wireless is disabled by hardware switch. And wicd tells me that there are no wireless networks available. When I push the button to turn the wireless on windows I get a popup telling me that wireless is on but on ubuntu I get no response. I've been trying to find a solution but nothing has helped me so far.

any suggestions??

Dangertux
July 13th, 2011, 04:51 AM
with the help of some people in the forum i installed wicd. According to windows I have an Atheros AR5007 wireless card, and according to ubuntu I have an AR5001 card. On the top bar it tells me that wireless is disabled by hardware switch. And wicd tells me that there are no wireless networks available. When I push the button to turn the wireless on windows I get a popup telling me that wireless is on but on ubuntu I get no response. I've been trying to find a solution but nothing has helped me so far.

any suggestions??

Have you tried using Wicd with madwifi drivers or are you still using the ath5k driver?

I had this issue with my wife's laptop, I had to install madwifi and wicd. This solved the issue on 11.04, YMMV I hate that chipset :-(

louisgonick
July 13th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Have you tried using Wicd with madwifi drivers or are you still using the ath5k driver?

I had this issue with my wife's laptop, I had to install madwifi and wicd. This solved the issue on 11.04, YMMV I hate that chipset :-(

I have the madwifi drivers but how can a use them with wicd?