PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Very Confused

Aka0415
July 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm new to the world of Ubuntu of about an hour ago, and I have been trying to install Ubuntu for that time. My netbook (Asus EeePC) has no CD drive, so I have it hooked up to an external for the time being.

I created my CD, installed it, and now cannot boot the new OS. When I press F2 while the computer loads, I only get the option to boot Windows 7 Starter, and not Ubuntu. I'm guessing I've done something wrong, but what would it be?

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 13th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I'm new to the world of Ubuntu of about an hour ago, and I have been trying to install Ubuntu for that time. My netbook (Asus EeePC) has no CD drive, so I have it hooked up to an external for the time being.

I created my CD, installed it, and now cannot boot the new OS. When I press F2 while the computer loads, I only get the option to boot Windows 7 Starter, and not Ubuntu. I'm guessing I've done something wrong, but what would it be?

Are you just tapping the F2 key while it boots or holding it down? You should be tapping it. Then go to the boot options screen and change the boot order.

You could also make a bootable USB using Unetbootin in Windows; then, install from the USB. It could be that you computers doesn't recognized a USB CD drive as a bootable device.