PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu Tablet?

kyral210
July 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I was wondering if any companies are selling a Ubuntu Tablet, like the iPad, but Ubuntu instead? Its the kind of thing I would like and I think could catch on.

SOME1
July 12th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I've searched in google and found TENQ P07 (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/10-ubuntu-tablet-gets-priced-specd-and-demoed/).

Pricing to start from $400 for the 16GB SSD model. Release date and market availability yet to be announced.

kyral210
July 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Isn't $400 a bit too high for a Ubuntu Tablet?

william_nbg
July 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have been looking for the same thing, An Ubuntu, or Linux tablet pc. OK, there are a lot running Android. But having an Ubuntu tablet would be even better. I have several searching the web. There is also an Italian Company coming out with one soon - soon! But I can't find any on the market currently?

kyral210
August 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thinking about it, I think a lot of people on this forum would buy one, but would the general public? The Unity interface is pretty OK for a tablet, and the software centre is a ready to go App store, but are there any killer apps? Ultimately, could we get Angry birds for Linux?

I think a Ubuntu tablet would only sell if it was ridiculously cheep, say $100 or so.