PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 10.10 not enable custom effects

Devoitka
July 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi, yesterday I install ubuntu 10.10 to a new DELL pc, and i can't enable custom effects, and i don't now why??

somebody have the same problem..?
i have HDgraphics 2000 in a intel core i7.

Thank!

3Miro
July 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Can you enable "Normal" effects?

To customize effects you need compizconfig-settings-manager or simple-compizconfig. You can use Synaptic (System -> Admin -> Synaptic) to install the program. It would then be in System -> Prefs.

Devoitka
July 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
thank for the reply...

well, i can't put any effects, when i try to do it appears one windows "searching for drivers" and then "Desktop effects could not be enabled"

i already instaled compizconfig, and it doesn't work :(

3Miro
July 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Go to System -> Admin -> Additional Drivers to see is there is anything available.

HD 2000 is this Sandy Bridge? 10.10 may not have the proper drivers and I am not sure if 11.04 would. Sandy Bridge drivers have some issues right now (thanks to Intel naturally).

3Miro
July 12th, 2011, 07:07 PM
You can try this tutorial:

http://linuxscriber.com/how-to-2/how-to-install-intel-graphics-drivers-for-sandybridge-igpu/

but this involves getting code form unofficial sources. I would suggest waiting for an OK from someone who has tested it (I don't have sandy bridge).

Devoitka
July 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Go to System -> Admin -> Additional Drivers to see is there is anything available.

HD 2000 is this Sandy Bridge? 10.10 may not have the proper drivers and I am not sure if 11.04 would. Sandy Bridge drivers have some issues right now (thanks to Intel naturally).

i've tried but....." No propietary drivers are use on this system"

second...

i think it is Sandy Bridge.. i think maybe i have to wait....

thank's a lot for your time!!!

3Miro
July 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
i've tried but....." No propietary drivers are use on this system"

second...

i think it is Sandy Bridge.. i think maybe i have to wait....

thank's a lot for your time!!!

Sorry I couldn't help more. I wish I knew more about Sandy Bridge. We have to wait for someone else to help.