PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome-shell extensions problem

macozz
July 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Hi all,
since a few days ago I experienced a change in Gnome-shell. Suddenly some of the extensions, like weather and Themes tab stop to load.
They are located at ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ and it seems to my that gnome-shell is ignoring this folder.
Someone experienced something like that and, better, did fix it?

Cheers!

macozz
July 12th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Also, the battery icon disappeared from the panel...

My system: Asus EeePC 1201N. 4Gb ram, 320Gb HD, Natty Narwall 64b, Gnome-shell 3.1.3

macozz
July 13th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Another issue, the app icons in the bottom right show all the same icon, not the corresponding application icon. Some idea of what the reason???

Thank you!

cbowman57
July 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Another issue, the app icons in the bottom right show all the same icon, not the corresponding application icon. Some idea of what the reason???

Thank you!

Best guess, you're using Nvidia 275.09 drivers. The shell doesn't seem to want to play nice with the latest driver. Better off to go back to 271.

cbowman57
July 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hi all,
since a few days ago I experienced a change in Gnome-shell. Suddenly some of the extensions, like weather and Themes tab stop to load.
They are located at ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ and it seems to my that gnome-shell is ignoring this folder.
Someone experienced something like that and, better, did fix it?

Cheers!

What's your current status? When you look at errors in looking glass what does it show for your extensions?

macozz
July 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
What's your current status? When you look at errors in looking glass what does it show for your extensions?

Actually I did not look for errors (I guess I do not know how to use looking glass).
Also, I did not found the 271 driver.
Yesterday a new driver (275.19) was installed, but the problems remains the same.
Thaks a lot!

cbowman57
July 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Actually I did not look for errors (I guess I do not know how to use looking glass).
Also, I did not found the 271 driver.
Yesterday a new driver (275.19) was installed, but the problems remains the same.
Thaks a lot!

My mistake, should have been 270.41 driver. 275.19 & 280.04 have that same icon bug.

Looking Glass Alt+f2 then enter lg click Errors. You can post a screenshot but you'll have to use the timer to get a shot of looking glass.

macozz
July 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM
OK, the older driver restore the icons, but I still have no the theme extension and battery icon in the upper pannel.
Looking Glass list errors about incompatibilities of the related extension, however I get the last version of them and no .deb versions are available. Or are they?

Cheers

cbowman57
July 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Since I have no idea what shell version you're using, or how you got where you're at it's hard to advise you. You are better off installing your extensions manually & avoiding the debs.

The lack of a battery icon in Ubuntu is a known bug right now.

macozz
July 22nd, 2011, 03:18 AM
Well, as it is said in the second post, I am on Gnome-Shell 3.1.3, it is from git20110718 right now.
I get the debs from the ricotz0 repository.
However, some of the extension were installed manualy after compilation from source. This mix used to work until a month or so, but now they seems to be incompatible, even if they are 3.3 too.
Thanks a lot.

threepwood960
December 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
My battery icon is dissapeared from I installed gnome-shell. Please, do you know if a solution has already pusblished? Thanks.