PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Tool-bar apps missing

Ethagrump
July 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Normally I can see any running Apps on the bottom tool-bar. They no longer show up and I have to alt-tab to select them when they are running in the background. I have only done "required" updates for 10.4 and have not loaded any new programs. Any reason as to why they no longer show on the tool-bar and how do I rectify this?
Thanks

UltraNEO*
July 12th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Normally I can see any running Apps on the bottom tool-bar. They no longer show up and I have to alt-tab to select them when they are running in the background. I have only done "required" updates for 10.4 and have not loaded any new programs. Any reason as to why they no longer show on the tool-bar and how do I rectify this?
Thanks

You sure you didn't changed some settings, colour or accidental delete/removed it? If this is the case, just right click on the remaining one and select "New Panel" and it'll should reappear (minus any widgets), for everything else right-click again and choose "Add to Panel". From the new window add what every you like but the defaults are 'show desktop', 'window list','workspace switcher' and 'trash'.

Ethagrump
July 12th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You sure you didn't changed some settings, colour or accidental delete/removed it? If this is the case, just right click on the remaining one and select "New Panel" and it'll should reappear (minus any widgets), for everything else right-click again and choose "Add to Panel". From the new window add what every you like but the defaults are 'show desktop', 'window list','workspace switcher' and 'trash'.

I didn't delete anything it sort of just disappeared. Ubuntu has been doing some interesting things lately on my machine. However I did as you suggested and added "window list" and I am back to "normal". Thank you for your assistance.