PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Have to reconnect wireless in order to accept incoming connections

jonno
July 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I've had an issue for a long time on my Ubuntu system where after a number of hours I can't connect to or see the machine online anymore. If I go to the machine itself I can access the network, browse the web etc and the network manager tells me the connection is fine. However I can't ping or ssh into the machine remotely until I reconnect to the network via the network manager tool.

I am running 11.04 (Mythbuntu) and I'm using the default network manager GUI tool. I have a static ip setup on my home network which connects to a Linksys WRT54G router (WPA2).

I haven't figured out how long it takes before this happens but it seems like after a few hours of idle time is when it disappears. Possibly overnight.

okolo_trebone
January 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I've had an issue for a long time on my Ubuntu system where after a number of hours I can't connect to or see the machine online anymore. If I go to the machine itself I can access the network, browse the web etc and the network manager tells me the connection is fine. However I can't ping or ssh into the machine remotely until I reconnect to the network via the network manager tool.

I am running 11.04 (Mythbuntu) and I'm using the default network manager GUI tool. I have a static ip setup on my home network which connects to a Linksys WRT54G router (WPA2).

I haven't figured out how long it takes before this happens but it seems like after a few hours of idle time is when it disappears. Possibly overnight.

hey man,
i have exactly the same issues. did you figure it out somehow ?