PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dragging windows to other desktop

brunobliss
July 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm using ubuntu 11.04 with unity, i was wondering if it is possible to change desktop as you drag the window? I used to have compiz cube and dragin the window too far to the left or too far to the right would rotate the cube.

Now i simply wanted it to switch desktop as i drag the window

wildmanne39
July 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm using ubuntu 11.04 with unity, i was wondering if it is possible to change desktop as you drag the window? I used to have compiz cube and dragin the window too far to the left or too far to the right would rotate the cube.

Now i simply wanted it to switch desktop as i drag the windowHi, yes it is possible, I have mine set that way, I think you have to disable snapping but I do not remember for sure because I changed so many effects. But you can not just change settings in compiz without breaking unity, you need a guide, I have mine setup this way according to this guide it is for the cube and effects, if you use it you should have the ability to drag your window to other desktops like I do.
http://amazingubuntucube.blogspot.com/

Krytarik
July 11th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Now i simply wanted it to switch desktop as i drag the window
If you intend to keep using the Desktop Wall instead of the Cube, as it seems to me, enable the option "CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Desktop Wall -> Edge Flipping -> Edge Flip Move". If you want the same behaviour for objects, enable the option "Edge Flip DnD" right below of it as well.

Greetings.

brunobliss
July 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
thank you guys for the suggestions! Yes i do intend to keep the desktop wall (as i'm currently loving it), i'll give those a try and mark as solved if successful.

Thanks again!

brunobliss
July 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
If you intend to keep using the Desktop Wall instead of the Cube, as it seems to me, enable the option "CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Desktop Wall -> Edge Flipping -> Edge Flip Move". If you want the same behaviour for objects, enable the option "Edge Flip DnD" right below of it as well.

Greetings.

This is it!! Thanks a bunch !

Have some popcorn :popcorn: