PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 buttons moved to the right, menu button error

jurij89
July 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM
hi everyone
I am using ubuntu 11.04 and I moved the maximize, minimize and close buttons to the right corner using gconf-editor
besides that, I added the menu button to the left corner
that's the one which is causing problems.

Whenever I click it, all window decorations (meaning borders) disappear.

I end up with two options, either logging out and back into ubuntu, what restarts all programs (as well as compiz as far as I understand) and the problem is gone (at least temporarily)
the other nonpermanent fix is to disable and reenable window decorations in the compizconfig settings manager, the result of that action is not really a fix, since it leaves my top panel (which is usually transparent) completely scrambled

does anyone know a real fix for the problem since the "fixes" up here only fix the effects not the cause for the problem, and neither one of them allows me to use the menu button propperly

thanks in advance!

p.s. and sometimes, the whole problem just fixes itself without a real explanation

Frogs Hair
July 11th, 2011, 05:39 AM
The simplest way to control window buttons settings is with Ubuntu Tweak , which has a number of setting functions. If you would like to install it see the link . http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-tweak-0-5-8-released-with-ubuntu-11-04-support.html

jurij89
July 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
thanks, I'll give it a try