PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading bluez?

Cadeyrn
July 10th, 2011, 02:36 AM
So bluetooth support is pretty borked in 11.04. It worked flawlessly in 10.04, but now that I'm in Natty, I have to restart bluetooth every time I enable it because my laptop is hard-set to not give power to bluetooth until I press the key combination. On top of that, no bluetooth devices reconnect by themselves, and I have to rescan for devices (even though pcscan works fine) and THEN reconnect AND time everything right to get them reconnected. In Lucid I could just turn my bluetooth mouse on and click a few times to get it connected.

These problems are extremely widespread and no one seems to have any interest in fixing them, or maybe it's just that no one can get past the ](*,)

I tried upgrading bluez to the 4.94 version Oneiric uses and nothing was fixed, so my next course of action is to downgrade it to Lucid's version, 4.60. The problem is I've never downgraded a package that was fully integrated into the system and spammed with dependencies and reverse-dependencies. Is there an easy way to do this, and if not, how the hell do I find out exactly what other packages I have to downgrade with bluez? I can't figure that part out.

I'm sick of my computer always bullying me into ignoring my mouse and using the awful control system known as the mousepad. Especially since my laptop is built/designed to run hot (I have no idea why the factory did that) and using the mousepad all the time makes me way too hot.