PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet died after Connecting to Wireless Network.

kexus
July 10th, 2011, 01:51 AM
At my house, I have a wireless router, but my desktop computer is connecting to it, or maybe to the modem, by an Ethernet cable. It has a built-in wireless card, so just as an experiment, I tried to connect to my network wirelessly. It didn't work. And not only did I not get any internet connection, I can't get any internet through the wired connection either. The internet works fine with Windows Vista (I'm dual-booting), as well as when I boot up Backtrack off of a Live DVD. I can still access my router's config page by going to 192.168.2.1 on a web browser, but I can't access anything else. Any ideas as to why this is, or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nm_geo
July 10th, 2011, 02:07 AM
At my house, I have a wireless router, but my desktop computer is connecting to it, or maybe to the modem, by an Ethernet cable. It has a built-in wireless card, so just as an experiment, I tried to connect to my network wirelessly. It didn't work. And not only did I not get any internet connection, I can't get any internet through the wired connection either. The internet works fine with Windows Vista (I'm dual-booting), as well as when I boot up Backtrack off of a Live DVD. I can still access my router's config page by going to 192.168.2.1 on a web browser, but I can't access anything else. Any ideas as to why this is, or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So the wireless attempt killed the INTERNET OMG...
Just a try at humor there..

let try something out of the wild-blue yonder..

In terminal

sudo modprobe ssb

sudo modprobe b44

Let me guess you were trying to install the STA (wl) wireless driver?