PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem installing ubuntu linux 11.04

kakanin700
July 10th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Hey! I have a question, how long does it take to install Ubuntu linux 11.04
cause when I install mine in my computer it takes a long time.
I left I think for several hours and when I came back it was stuck.
What was written in the progress is still "copying files".
I have my my internet plugged and I mark the box which says it will update ubuntu while installing.
My only problem is that I tried to reinstall in over and over again but still it always stucked with that " copying files".
Please help and thanks a lot for ur help.
God bless!

steinerd
July 10th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Depends on your processor and INET speed really. also sometimes ACPI will cause the install to bug-out. You can try to install with no acpi, there are guides here on how to set that option during install. Took mine a while and I have a dual core 2.6G with 4G ram. But if you are leaving it for "hours" I think you might be getting hung especially if you see no hard drive activity. At the initial install menu select: F6. Other Options. ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) and EDD (Enhanced Disk Drive) options which may help if your computer does not support or has problems with these systems. Highlight the selection and press the ENTER key or SPACE key to select it. An "X" will appear, indicating selection. Multiple items can be selected from this popup menu. Hit ESC to leave the popup menu. The selections are retained at the time the user presses the ESC key.

Take a look here for install help.. http://shallows.bounceme.net/tiki-index.php?page=Desktop&structure=Ubuntu+Help&page_ref_id=3

Hope this helps a bit...

Duncan Williams
July 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I have had to sit in front of a few linux instalations and occasionally press Esc to get it to complete instalation. (recently)