PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphic card software update

1timeuse
July 9th, 2011, 02:01 AM
How come when i click additional drivers application i get 3 options for updating my nvidia card and when i tried installing 1 of them that or all of them the result is the same, i end up with no wireless internet. i tried re-installing everything but... it didnt work i dont know what to do... please help

mörgæs
July 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

Why do you want additional drivers? Are the default ones not working well?

1timeuse
July 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

Why do you want additional drivers? Are the default ones not working well?

Well, the graphics could be a lot better and without the update im stuck with ubuntu classic, and when i play runescape the graphics are ok but the cursers look messed up, and the graphics could be 10x better but when i try to get the software it just crashes my wireless some how... i used a tut on netgear thing 'ndiswrapper' and when it doesnt work with the update i tried re-installing everything... if i cant update it i will just go back to windows vista, not windows 7 because i dont have a key and i just dont want to deal with all of that, even though i want to use ubuntu to download music =/

mörgæs
July 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Please give a complete description of the hardware, especially the screen card.

1timeuse
July 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Please give a complete description of the hardware, especially the screen card.

00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

my wireless thing:

01:09.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)

wg311v3_v5.0.0.3 <--------- wireless card thing

mörgæs
July 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry, I don't know this card. Maybe it is best to post here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535