PDA

View Full Version : Reply options broken?

catlett
May 21st, 2006, 02:54 PM
Any one else having problems replying to threads? I just tried to reply and the options didn't work. When I highlighted a section and went to add "code" to it, the [code] markers did not go around the text. Instead they went next to each other [code][code] I tried quotes and the [quote] went to the end of the paragraph and again installed next to each other without any text in between[quote][quote]
Finally I tried to highlight the text but that didn't work either [green][green] ended up at the end of the paragraph.
Could this be a result of the server changes that are happening or is it somehow on my end?

Sef
May 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
I did have that problem once for a bit, but then the server got back up. Not sure if that is what up with you now though.

henriquemaia
May 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Any one else having problems replying to threads? I just tried to reply and the options didn't work. When I highlighted a section and went to add "code" to it, the [code] markers did not go around the text. Instead they went next to each other [code][code] I tried quotes and the [quote] went to the end of the paragraph and again installed next to each other without any text in between[quote][quote]
Finally I tried to highlight the text but that didn't work either [green][green] ended up at the end of the paragraph.
Could this be a result of the server changes that are happening or is it somehow on my end?
Nope,
don't have a problem here.

ps: I just did this to test things around. Everything worked as expected.

catlett
May 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
I did have that problem once for a bit, but then the server got back up. Not sure if that is what up with you now though.

Must be me somehow. I just tried to wrap quotes around the first sentence, code around the next and color this line.
As you can see nothing took in my reply. I wonder why:-k (the smiley didn't become animated either)

henriquemaia
May 21st, 2006, 03:38 PM
Must be me somehow. I just tried to wrap quotes around the first sentence, code around the next and color this line.
As you can see nothing took in my reply. I wonder why:-k (the smiley didn't become animated either)

Have you checked the options on you User CP?

catlett
May 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Have you checked the options on you User CP?
Seemed fine. Posting under "standard editor-extra formatting controls"
Did you notice how the smiley isn't animated in my post but became animated in your reply?
Also lately when people use the "respond with a quote" option to reply to my post. The text is bold in their quote but not in my original reply.???

henriquemaia
May 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Seemed fine. Posting under "standard editor-extra formatting controls"
Did you notice how the smiley isn't animated in my post but became animated in your reply?
Also lately when people use the "respond with a quote" option to reply to my post. The text is bold in their quote but not in my original reply.???

It's a bit odd. Now that you mention it, they are different. Looks like you don't have the options properly set up, like disabled smiles in text or something.

catlett
May 21st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Nothing has changed in my options. As you can see I have 400+ posts without problems and the same settings. I just went into CP to double check, My first thinking is that all the server changes they are making for the Dapper release has somehow affected posting or my recent upgrade to Dapper has some kind of bug.
That's why I am posting to see if there is a known bug or a server change. I know where the user control panel is.

catlett
May 22nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Things are back to normal finally I didn't have to
apt-get Or
request help
anywhere These server changes are driving me crazy#-o I guess I shouldn't get upset. It's not like servers are Canonical's line of business (http://www.ubuntu.com/support/supportoptions/paidsupport) Just kidding. But please hurry, it seems like everyday every couple of hours there is a server issue. Put some good people on third shift and get it done without interrupting primetime.