PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Are there Mono packages for Ubuntu?

ubuntu-geek
October 11th, 2004, 06:00 PM
At the momoent mono is not in universe. If you want to use mono you can add tseng's mono-repository to your sources.list.

Add the following lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list

#Mono
deb http://www.getsweaaa.com/~tseng/ubuntu/debs ./
deb-src http://www.getsweaaa.com/~tseng/ubuntu/debs ./

Save the file and run: sudo apt-get update

Telep
October 14th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I'd like to know whether there is a gtk-sharp developer package available for Ubuntu. I installed everything seemingly related to Mono from tseng's repository, but could not compile gtk# apps. I believe a package called "gtk-sharp" and the corresponding dev package is needed?

tanari
October 20th, 2004, 01:17 PM
i installed mono from universe repository, but i still can't compile MUINE player :(

checking for mono >= 0.95... Package mono was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mono.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'mono' found

configure: error: Library requirements (mono >= 0.95) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Burgundavia
October 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM
If you just want muine, there is a package already compiled. I think it is with the mono in tsengs

Burgundavia

graham
October 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
If you just want muine, there is a package already compiled. I think it is with the mono in tsengs Sure, but what do you do if you want to compile other apps, or even do some Mono development yourself?

From the Wiki I worked out that I should be able to do:

sudo apt-get build-dep tomboy
but it can't find libmono-dev in any of my repositories. I added universe to my respositories and tried the build-dep again, and it's currently downloading lots of stuff.

Not sure if this was the right thing to do though...

kamstrup
October 29th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Yes. You do need gtk-sharp, but I couldn't find it in universe... I think you can find links to it from the mono homepage.

kamstrup
October 29th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Yes... Here in fact ;) :

http://mono-project.com/downloads/

andrey_hey
December 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
i installed mono from universe repository, but i still can't compile MUINE player :(

checking for mono >= 0.95... Package mono was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mono.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'mono' found

configure: error: Library requirements (mono >= 0.95) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Thought the thread is very old, it could be helpful for somebody to know that you need the 'libmono-dev' package to get that 'mono.pc' file in order for the 'pkg-config' to "find" the mono package during configuration

registerdown
July 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Thought the thread is very old, it could be helpful for somebody to know that you need the 'libmono-dev' package to get that 'mono.pc' file in order for the 'pkg-config' to "find" the mono package during configuration

Thanks andrey_hey,

I got an error:
No package 'mono' found
When trying to compile mono-zeroconf in order to get the latest banshee on my ubuntu 7.10. Installing libmono-dev package ad you pointed out solved the problem :)

Zularan
October 29th, 2008, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the tip !
(I know it's an old thread but this was giving me a headache)