PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] error installing graphic driver in (addition driver) why??

shaifeyna
July 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM
when i enter password.. a msg out n say (SystemError: Binary package fglrx has no trusted origin, rejecting) why??? :(

dino99
July 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
are you using it from synaptic ?

shaifeyna
July 8th, 2011, 04:21 PM
no.. i using additional driver..
i newbie.. plezzz

keithioapc
July 12th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I'm bumping this because I'm having the same problem. I'll start of by describing the situation a bit better.

I just installed a build of Ubuntu 11.04 on this computer. I have almost no experience with Linux so please bear with me and don't use any abbreviations or assume I know much of anything beyond how to open a terminal.

Anyways, right when my system first booted into the new OS, a message popped up saying that some of my devices have propriety drivers I could install.

Clicking this leads me to the "Additional drivers" menu. There I see listed a driver named "AMD/ATI propriety FGLRX graphics driver". My graphics card is an ATI radeon 5450, which is supported by that driver.

When I try to install it, it asks me for my password which I can input, and if I click it I see some additional info such as the vendor is listed as "Jockey Driver Manager"

However after inputting my password I get the error "SystemError: Binary package fglrx has no trusted origin, rejecting" which prevents me from installing the driver.

I am under the assumption that installing the driver will help me run games, so I want to do it. Can anyone tell me how to get it done?

Thanks.

Edit - I followed the directions under "Install the fglrx Driver from AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.2 For Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick" at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI and managed to install the driver. It sure was hard though!