PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty with including header files

TheHimself
July 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to compile a C++ program on machine which has the library headers I need in /com/gsl/include/gsl/ . I've put the following line in my program

#include </com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

The compiler can find gsl_matrix.h but can't find the files gsl_matrix.h wants to include. I get errors:

/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:4:48: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_complex_long_double.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:5:43: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_complex_double.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:6:42: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_complex_float.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:8:40: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_long_double.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:9:35: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_double.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:10:34: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_float.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:12:34: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_ulong.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:13:33: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_long.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:15:33: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_uint.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:16:32: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_int.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:18:35: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_ushort.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:19:34: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_short.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:21:34: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_uchar.h: No such file or directory
/com/gsl/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h:22:33: error: gsl/gsl_matrix_char.h: No such file or directory

The compiler is simply looking in the wrong place; albeit a little wrong. (I mean instead of gsl/gsl_matrix_complex_long_double.h it should look for gsl_matrix_complex_long_double.h) I've also tried "" instead of <> and got the same results.

Bachstelze
July 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Do

#include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

and compile with -I/com/gsl/include/

TheHimself
July 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Thank you very much! Could you now tell me how to do the linking? On my own machine I add
`pkg-config --cflags --libs gsl` to the g++ command but pkg-config on the new machine says that the library can't be found. The library is in /com/gsl/lib/ .

Bachstelze
July 8th, 2011, 03:44 PM
How ithe library file named? Assuming it's libgsl.a you would link with -L/com/gsl/lib/ and -lgsl.