PDA

View Full Version : Dang it -_-

Lucradia
July 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I think my Crosshair V Formula is Busted.

Even though all four LEDs are green (including CPU) and the GPU turns on, and the Memory is fine, and the CPU is fine, everything is fine!

But there is no display being outputted! I've tried two different video cards, and HDMI, DVI and VGA.

I've tried with one single stick of RAM (which made one LED go from orange to green.)

I've tried everything in the tom's hardware sticky I searched for and nothing, I mean it, nothing makes the display be outputted, even though everything's fine. Oh, I'd LOVE it if I had an internal speaker to tell me the beep codes, but the Crosshair V Formula doesn't come with one, and neither did my HAF-X.

Can ANYONE tell me what's wrong? (DVD-Drive works, Power LED and IDE LEDs work (and the IDE LED shows data transfer)) so what could possibly be wrong?

No shorts anywhere on the board, and it is impossible to install all of the standoffs, because one of them could not be screwed in. But that shou;dn't matter, because all the others are screwed, and it worked fine on the previous motherboard.

As I said, again, everything boots, everything works, just not the display. I can't RMA the board either, got rid of the original packaging.

Lucradia
July 8th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Hey guess what, it works now for some reason. >_>

Also, turns out some of my RAM is faulty. However, Ubuntu and Windows know 4 GB of RAM is there, but can only use 2 GB. Figure that one out.

Khakilang
July 8th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Some unseen forces is working behind your back. Beware!

as2000
July 8th, 2011, 05:28 AM
It's evil. Sprinkle holy water on it while clutching a cross

:guitar: