PDA

View Full Version : Safari Issues

Daniel G. Taylor
March 4th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Hey,

I'm in Mac OSX at the moment and am using Safari. There seem to be a few bugs (I'm guessing with the Javascript) on these forums.

1. Using the reply buttons (not quick reply) I get a page that has a disabled textbox that says to click one of the posts above. There are no posts above (and there shouldn't be).

2. I get the same problem when trying to edit my posts using Safari.

I'm not sure how to debug Javascript issues in Safari, nor do I know if it is fixed with WebCore 2.0 (The next version of the KHTML-based renderer for Safari, coming out very soon).

If someone can confirm that this is an issue with Safari instead of this site I will report it to Apple.

TravisNewman
March 4th, 2005, 05:13 AM
That's weird. ;)

I'm going to start up MOL and see if I get this in Panther. I'm pretty sure I've done this before with no issues.

Daniel G. Taylor
March 4th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Okay, the textbox is editable, but this is all that appears in it:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

All I did was hit Quote in your post. Also, there is no way to go from this screen back to the original thread view and the buttons below say "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" instead of the normal labels (Preview and Post or something)

I'm using Mac OSX 10.3.8 with Safari 1.2.4 on an iBook.

[Edit] Editing just worked. Wonder why it didn't before...

TravisNewman
March 4th, 2005, 05:22 AM
OK if I hit reply, quote, or edit everything works as it should.

If I hit "go advanced" it does give me that javascript error message.

Here's another safaru issue for kassetra and u-g:
I have never loaded the forums in this installation of Safari, and it's still using the old graphics... weird, I know.
Edit: ok, the new graphics are working now. *blinks* I don't get it *L*

Daniel G. Taylor
March 4th, 2005, 05:23 AM
That's weird. ;)

I'm going to start up MOL and see if I get this in Panther. I'm pretty sure I've done this before with no issues.

Hmmm, I opened this thread in a new window and quoting doesn't work. Then I hit the Safari Issues thread link at the top and clicked quote on your post again. This time it worked. So it apparently fails on the first time in a new window/tab I guess.

P.S. Sorry for the double post. ;-)