PDA

View Full Version : Self-gloss: The eagle has landed

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Although a bit late in posting, I shall say this: I am in Colorado now, and arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Pretty damn impressive for a flight direct from Boston to Denver (basically, almost the entire country) in a Boeing 737-700. Without stopping. Hence why it was a direct flight.

The topic would have been more fitting if I got Southwest's Illinois One (http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/9/8/2/1345289.jpg) logojet rather than one of their three Shamu 737s though :|

/inb4 "How was your flight?" It was pretty good, actually. A bit bumpy here and there and the final approach into Denver International was very bumpy, but hey, we arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule :D

Rasa1111
July 6th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Colorado is one of my favorite places in this country.
Specifically the Boulder area. But all of it is beautiful!

My brother is there right now actually.
I think he's thinking about staying. lol
Can't blame him.

However, That airport is one doomy, shady, skecthball of a place! lol
Do not like that place at all.

No problem with airports.. lol
Just that one. O_o

p.s.. how was your flight?

jus kidding.
Have fun!

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 06:37 AM
However, That airport is one doomy, shady, skecthball of a place! lol
Do not like that place at all.

Why yes, if you look at it from above, it looks like a swastika (seriously, look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth or whatever, it looks like a swastika,) there is creepy artwork all around it and the gate guard is a horse with g l o w i n g r e d e y e s. And the taxiways are very, very long.

Rasa1111
July 6th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Why yes, if you look at it from above, it looks like a swastika (seriously, look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth or whatever, it looks like a swastika,) there is creepy artwork all around it and the gate guard is a horse with g l o w i n g r e d e y e s. And the taxiways are very, very long.

I know man.
Soo much weird $@#! about that place.
The 'swastika' design that i saw from a plane was actually what made me do some 'research' on the place.. and things just kept getting weirder from there.

Not a good place. lol :P

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Well it's probably the only airport in Colorado that Southwest flies to so we pretty much had no choice :V

On a side note, the Internet in this hotel is so bad it makes me want to use Verizon DSL again. The placard thing advertised "high speed" Internet access, but this is slower than... oh wait, apparently AT&T provides Internet service for this hotel. No wonder why it's slow.

EDIT: I love Opera Turbo now.

Dustin2128
July 6th, 2011, 07:39 AM
For a second there, I thought you'd driven from MA to Denver non-stop. That would have been sweet. EDIT: creepy, it does look a bit like a swastika.

Rasa1111
July 6th, 2011, 07:58 AM
For a second there, I thought you'd driven from MA to Denver non-stop. That would have been sweet. EDIT: creepy, it does look a bit like a swastika.

yeah,
and here's a naval base in San Diego, CA.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1341/821077040_06a14120df.jpg
lol
O_o

Bandit
July 6th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I know man.
Soo much weird $@#! about that place.
The 'swastika' design that i saw from a plane was actually what made me do some 'research' on the place.. and things just kept getting weirder from there.

Not a good place. lol :P

I dont want this to get political, but in regards to the swastika. Hitler actually stole the design. Its used for thousands of years before the formation of the natzis. Its been used by american indians all the way to budhist monks in india. Its universal meaning was something on the line if good luck. More info here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika)..

Bandit
July 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
yeah,
and here's a naval base in San Diego, CA.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1341/821077040_06a14120df.jpg
lol
O_o

I knew it.. Thats why they was so anal all the time!!

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM
For a second there, I thought you'd driven from MA to Denver non-stop. That would have been sweet. Yeah, but my family doesn't like going on a vacation only to have to turn back immediately :P

EDIT: creepy, it does look a bit like a swastika.

There are way too many conspiracy theories involving DEN.

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 11:27 PM
First full day in Colorado and we're getting a severe storm. Awesome.

Rasa1111
July 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I dont want this to get political, but in regards to the swastika. Hitler actually stole the design. Its used for thousands of years before the formation of the natzis. Its been used by american indians all the way to budhist monks in india. Its universal meaning was something on the line if good luck. More info here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika)..

Yes, i know my friend.
Nazis stole it and "turned it around".
Turned something that was good and meaningful, into something awful.
Go figure!

@ Quad~
Niice!
Colorado storms are great!

Quadunit404
July 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I read on FlightGlobal that Lufthansa would begin restricting the Boeing 747-400 to domestic European routes and the Airbus A380 would handle everywhere else.

<snip>

Really now? Because that is quite clearly a Lufthansa 747-400 (D-ABVE, as you clearly cannot see the registration) taxiing in at Boston after a long flight from Frankfurt (I guess)