PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install plex on ubuntu

Alan_Carslaw
July 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Good Evening, I am new to this forum and require help from all you Ubuntu experts on how to install plex. I have installed plex and uncompressed into the Documents directory under /home/alancarslaw/Documents. When I cd to the directory which contains the start.sh script which apparently is the install script and try and run it with start.sh as I am already in the directory in which that is contained I get command not found. It will not allow me to run the install script (start.sh)

Can someone please advise on how to install plex on Ubuntu?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks

Alan

antpruitt
November 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I saw on the plex site a new repository had to be added and then you can install it from the apt-get command.

I did so, but now i need to figure out how to get the desktop client to work with WINE (x64 11.10).

right now i've got nothing. Hope I helped a little, but I'm still searching around for more help.

raja.genupula
November 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Good Evening, I am new to this forum and require help from all you Ubuntu experts on how to install plex. I have installed plex and uncompressed into the Documents directory under /home/alancarslaw/Documents. When I cd to the directory which contains the start.sh script which apparently is the install script and try and run it with start.sh as I am already in the directory in which that is contained I get command not found. It will not allow me to run the install script (start.sh)

Can someone please advise on how to install plex on Ubuntu?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks

Alan

do this in terminal

sudo chmod +x start.sh

./start.sh
All the best.