PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gnome panel covers top part of application window

RikoW
July 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Dear all,

after upgrading to Natty (and playing around some with Unity) I noticed that the top part of the application windows are often hidden / covered by the gnome panel (see attachments).

This is particularly annoying for the rdesktop session (second jpg) which I had set up so that it gave maximum desktop size to the rdp session while leaving the panel of top. If you look carefully you see that the "panel gap" is not at the bottom of the screen, while the panel itself covers the top of the rdp window.

It seems like, that the 'anchor point' for application windows used to be '+0+24' (so just below the panel) while now it's '+0+0' in the top left corner of the desktop.

I suspect that while playing with unity I reset one of the compiz options which takes care of this. But I can't find it.

Thanks & cheers,

Riko

RikoW
July 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Interestingly enough, when running Unity instead of Gnome Classic I don't have that problem ...

Cheers,

Riko

RB1
October 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I have a similar problem in Ubuntu 11.10, running in the gnome mode (gnome-shell). The gnome top panel covers an application window of the Eclipse IDE. If I want to create a new java class by right click of the mouse on the tree menu in the Eclipse IDE, the window that pops up has a top part covered by the gnome top panel. It occurs only in certain hight of the tree menu. Otherwise, the menu that pops up is well centred.