PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unity-panel-service doesn't start at startup

osced
July 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hi

When I started ubuntu unity today, I didn't got dash or a panel, I have been using it for a month without any problem before today .I tried to reset Unity which made the panel and dashboard appear, but when I restart my computer and tried to log in again the panel and dashboard was missing again. So I tried to start unity in the terminal and that made the dash and panel appear again. I looked through the output I got when I typed 'unity' in the terminal, I found in that 'unity-panel-service:' are not running, I suppose that might be what causes my problem. I found a command that should start unity-panel service but it didn't start the panels.

Any one know how to fix my problem? It would be nice to not need to start unity through the terminal everytime I start ubuntu get it to work

//Osced

silvavlis
October 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm having a similar problem after playing a bit with the compiz configuration tool. The problem now is that I cannot start anything at all! It doesn't even let me start a command using Ctrl+F2!

zico_newbie
October 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hi

When I started ubuntu unity today, I didn't got dash or a panel, I have been using it for a month without any problem before today .I tried to reset Unity which made the panel and dashboard appear, but when I restart my computer and tried to log in again the panel and dashboard was missing again. So I tried to start unity in the terminal and that made the dash and panel appear again. I looked through the output I got when I typed 'unity' in the terminal, I found in that 'unity-panel-service:' are not running, I suppose that might be what causes my problem. I found a command that should start unity-panel service but it didn't start the panels.

Any one know how to fix my problem? It would be nice to not need to start unity through the terminal everytime I start ubuntu get it to work

//Osced

Maybe try re-enable Unity Plugin in CCSM and also
$ try unity --reset

:)