PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Unity launcher overlapping my application windows

adit
July 5th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Unity launcher overlaps my firefox window. Pressing the Esc key has no effect (the launcher does not hide). One more problem. The navigation toolbar also visible only partially (See screenshot)

Alwimo
July 5th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Hold Alt while left-clicking and holding that anywhere on the Firefox window, then drag it. Does the window move, so it is no longer partially obscured?

Alternatively, click on the workspace switching button on the launcher (third from the bottom not including the recycle bin) and while in the zoomed out view, you can move the Firefox window clear of the panel and launcher.

wildmanne39
July 5th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Unity launcher overlaps my firefox window. Pressing the Esc key has no effect (the launcher does not hide). One more problem. The navigation toolbar also visible only partially (See screenshot)Hi, install ccsm and then go into ccsm and click on unity plugin where it says hide launcher set it to auto hide and do not disable unity or you will have to reset unity because you will loose your menus and launcher. If you want to change anything else in compiz I can give you a guide just ask.