PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Firefox title bar and menu bar missing

adit
July 5th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I am using firefox 5.0 under ubuntu 11.04. I have attached the screenshot of my firefox window. There is no menubar, no title bar, no close, minimize, maximize buttons. I am sure I am not in fullscreen mode.

Moving the mouse to the top left corner does not bring out the launcher. Pressing Alt+Tab does not bring out window selection dialog (to switch to another application). I killed firefox from tty1 and restarted firefox. The problem persists.

wildmanne39
July 5th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I am using firefox 5.0 under ubuntu 11.04. I have attached the screenshot of my firefox window. There is no menubar, no title bar, no close, minimize, maximize buttons. I am sure I am not in fullscreen mode.

Moving the mouse to the top left corner does not bring out the launcher. Pressing Alt+Tab does not bring out window selection dialog (to switch to another application). I killed firefox from tty1 and restarted firefox. The problem persists.Hi, with firefox open hit f11 and see if that brings them back.

adit
July 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hi, with firefox open hit f11 and see if that brings them back.
Pressing F11 has no effect. (I am not in full screen mode). I removed all configurations by deleting .mozilla folder in my home directory and restarted firefox. Problem solved.
Why does it occur?

lovinglinux
July 5th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Pressing F11 has no effect. (I am not in full screen mode). I removed all configurations by deleting .mozilla folder in my home directory and restarted firefox. Problem solved.
Why does it occur?

Probably an extension issue or a corrupted profile file.
Keep in mind while deleting the mozilla folder solve many problems, this procedure completely wipe your bookmarks, passwords, settings, extensions and other stuff. Most of the time you can find the real culprit and fix the problem without loosing such data.

marqul
April 27th, 2013, 11:22 PM
for my with lucid in a vmware vm on a osx macbook pro, i right clicked on a toolbar and unckecked all.
I was left w/ no obvious way to restore as now i coudl not right click on anything, nor did esc or reopening browser restore

for me f11 toggled full screen.
thank god my next try, f10 did a temporary show of the file menu bar. from there i clould finally do a view->toolbar-> enable menu

you'd think a damn right click on the page could activate a full menu system w a tree to any optiopn from ONY right click option on any where on the damn page. lazy developers=poor ui!

i found this to be a prominent problem sinc emany posts asking. mut moxt were ******* users. ex:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/716557
a support question amazingly closed though it only addresses one OS.

oldos2er
April 27th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Old thread closed.