PDA

View Full Version : 4Th of July

KiwiNZ
July 5th, 2011, 12:52 AM
To our USA members have a great day and hope what ever you have planned with your friends and family goes well.

Please keep political comments out of this thread. It would be unfair to our USA members and friends if this thread needed to be closed.

jramshu
July 5th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Thankyou Sith Lord.

Happy 4th everyone.

Dry Lips
July 5th, 2011, 12:56 AM
It is the 5th of July here! But happy 4th of July to all our members

from the US who are stuck in the past! ;)

Quadunit404
July 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM
It is the 5th of July here! But happy 4th of July to all our members

from the US who are stuck in the past! ;)

Quiet you ;)

Anyway, I wish all of my fellow Americans a great fourth of July, and enjoy the obligatory fireworks (if only I could myself...)

Dangertux
July 5th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Happy 4th everyone I am going to blow stuff up :)

CraigPaleo
July 5th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Thanks! Happy 4th! Please try not to blow yourselves up! ;)

lisati
July 5th, 2011, 01:21 AM
/me thinks of bad joke about exhaust pipes on cars, but it might not sit comfortably within the CoC...... :(

Have a great day, everyone!

Ctrl-Alt-F1
July 5th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Happy Birthday USA. Have a great day everyone (including all you folk from other countries).

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 5th, 2011, 01:38 AM
/me thinks of bad joke about exhaust pipes on cars, but it might not sit comfortably within the CoC...... :(

When I was young, I liked the thump when they went off in the sewer pipe until my dad came outside and gave me "that look"... :)

Today, I'm enjoying barbecue ribs with my children and grandchildren.

Quadunit404
July 5th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know the time? I can hear fireworks, even though they're not supposed to start here until 9PM :V

Oh wait I have a clock right there on my screen.

Khakilang
July 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Happy independence day to all people of USA.

CraigPaleo
July 5th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Happy independence day to all people of USA.

Thank you, Khahilang! Here's a hug!

uRock
July 5th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Thanx KiwiNZ. I just just love the smell of fireworks. :D

/me wonders how many bottle rockets will land in the pool tonight.

Happy 4rth of July!

aysiu
July 5th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I'm not there now, but if anyone ever has a chance to see 4th of July fireworks in Boston over the Charles River, it's a sight (and sound) to behold. I'd recommend sitting on the Cambridge side, since you'll get more space.

Quadunit404
July 5th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I'm not there now, but if anyone ever has a chance to see 4th of July fireworks in Boston over the Charles River, it's a sight (and sound) to behold. I'd recommend sitting on the Cambridge side, since you'll get more space.

I wasn't in Boston for the fireworks, but I managed to see the Attleboro fireworks (ja, I live in Attleboro) from my front yard... barely. A tree was in the way. I couldn't walk ALL the way to Hayward Field to see them due to me being unable to walk all the way from my house to there, unlike the past few years. From what I could see, they were impressive as always.

PS: Even though my location says I'm in Colorado Springs, I am actually still in Massachusetts as of this post. I'm not leaving for Colorado until 3:40PM EDT.

steveneddy
July 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Really lean beef mixed with onion, red and green bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and a little Worcestershire sauce and a spoonful of picante.

When almost done on the grill put some smokey swiss and cheddar on top to melt - enjoy.

sanderella
July 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Really lean beef mixed with onion, red and green bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and a little Worcestershire sauce and a spoonful of picante.

When almost done on the grill put some smokey swiss and cheddar on top to melt - enjoy.

Oh yum! What is the yellow beany-looking mixture on the right?

Elfy
July 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
looks like macaroni cheese to me

nothingspecial
July 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM

Straight out of a tin, one of 57 varieties .....

OldBoy44
July 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
A very Happy belated Independence Day to all in the U.S.A.

:popcorn:

CraigPaleo
July 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM

I like the steak tartare in the first pic.

lisati
July 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM
/me wonders how many bottle rockets will land in the pool tonight.
/me laments the banning of several kinds of fireworks over here due to people's stupidity. Somehow our "Guy Fawkes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night)" doesn't seem the same as it was in my younger days.

uRock
July 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
99% of my neighbor's fireworks were illegal.

CraigPaleo
July 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
We aren't supposed to use anything more than a "sparkler" but there are firework stands all over the place selling real fireworks. All you have to do is sign a waiver. Nothing's enforced.

steveneddy
July 10th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Yup - mac and cheese from Bob Evans. Good stuff.