PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Taskbar stays on screen

UmlautBanana
July 4th, 2011, 03:28 PM
When I run a program in fullscreen (a youtube video, for example), the taskbar stays on screen. To be abundantly clear, I mean the bar along the top with the power button and user name on it. It stays on the screen, but I can't interact with it; the mouse clicks "under" it as if it weren't there. I'm sure Compiz has something to do with it as it's as new problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I tried disabling Window Decoration, I tried setting it so it only applied to windows with !(state=fullscreen), but nothing seems to work.

As a related problem, the menu button in Firefox (the one to the left of the tabs) just appeared out of nowhere. How do I make that go away? And the menu bar as a part of the taskbar doesn't work any more. Where's the option for that?

UmlautBanana
July 5th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Bump, uninstalling Compiz doesn't work but I don't know what else the problem could be coming from.

roololing
July 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I have the same problem, but it doesn't seem like anyone can figure out a working solution... maybe we just have to wait for updates or something....

Frogs Hair
July 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
When I use applications , F11 works for full screen . I had to look for a video that I was able to run at full screen because many have size limitations and this test page works fine .http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/fullscreen_player9/fullscreen.html