PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] window title bars and controls in awn dock

Greth Rain
July 4th, 2011, 05:03 AM
hey everyone,
is it possible to put the window title bars and controls of applications on the awn dock, sort of like natty's unity desktop does?
attached is a screenshot of what i have now. as you can see, the window titles and controls (close, minimize, maximize) are completely obscured and the menu items (file, edit, view, etc...) are partialy obscured.
so once again, is it possible to put these items on the dock sort of like what natty's unity does?

thanks in advance
-greth

wildmanne39
July 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
hey everyone,
is it possible to put the window title bars and controls of applications on the awn dock, sort of like natty's unity desktop does?
attached is a screenshot of what i have now. as you can see, the window titles and controls (close, minimize, maximize) are completely obscured and the menu items (file, edit, view, etc...) are partialy obscured.
so once again, is it possible to put these items on the dock sort of like what natty's unity does?

thanks in advance
-grethHi, you could move your dock to the bottom of the screen that is where mine is and I actually like it there better, also you can restore the top menu bar to classic mode and then the window buttons will be back in the windows, heres a link.
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/06/use-classic-menu-in-unity-classicmenu.html