PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] faenza-extras great troubles

sirius_2
July 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hello, brothers and sisters!
I need your help because I've got some problem with faenza-extras package. I can neither update it nor remove or reinstall.
If I try update it I get

sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
faenza-extras
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/2354 B of archives.
After this operation, 115 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = "ru_RU:en_US:en",
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en_GB"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
(Reading database ... 442660 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace faenza-extras 0.9 (using .../faenza-extras_0.9-ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement faenza-extras ...
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.png to /usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.default.png by faenza-extras'
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.png' with
different file `/usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.default.png', not allowed
dpkg: warning: subprocess old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.png by faenza-extras', none removed.
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.png to /usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.default.png by faenza-extras'
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting `/usr/share/keepassx/icons/keepassx.png' with
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-extras_0.9-ubuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.default.png by faenza-extras'
Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.png to /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_black22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_blue22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_green22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_orange22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.png to /usr/share/lastfm/icons/user_red22.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/available_offline.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.png to /usr/share/liferea/pixmaps/empty_offline.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_connecting.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_off.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.png to /usr/share/radiotray/images/radiotray_on.default.png by faenza-extras'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.png to /usr/share/pixmaps/guake/guake-tray.default.png by faenza-extras'
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-extras_0.9-ubuntu1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I cannot remove this package:

sudo apt-get remove faenza-extras
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libtaskmanager4b libkscreensaver5 libsoprano-dev libkmbox xscreensaver libplasma-geolocation-interface4 libpowerdevilcore0 libprocesscore4b
libprocessui4a libphonon-dev libksgrd4 libplasmaclock4b libkworkspace4 libkdecorations4 libkwineffects1a libplasmagenericshell4 libkephal4a
libsolidcontrol4a libakonadi-calendar4 libphononexperimental4 libsolidcontrolifaces4a libweather-ion6 libksignalplotter4 liblsofui4
libkunitconversion4 kdevplatform3-libs libsublime2
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
faenza-extras
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 152 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = "ru_RU:en_US:en",
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en_GB"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing faenza-extras (--remove):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
faenza-extras
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
If I try sudo dpkg -P faenza-extras, I get:

dpkg: error processing faenza-extras (--purge):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
faenza-extras

My OS: Ubuntu 11.04 32bit

Krytarik
July 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Please see this earlier thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712079

Greetings.

sirius_2
July 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Please see this earlier thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712079

Greetings.
Hi!
Thanks for your answer. I know about this thread and I read it before. Unfortunately that advice doesn't help me. There is package faenza-extras installed in Synaptic. This package is upgradable, but I cannot upgrade it. Also I cannot remove it. The result of this actions is the error I described above.
Now any action with installation/removing/upgrading any packages is accompanied by the error of faenza-extras.I cannot do anything with this hapless package! (Except total reinstallation of the OS) But I suppose it isn't a decent way out.

Krytarik
July 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Ok, the name of the package is different, but the errors, and therefore the solution, too, seem to be the same.

So, just run this command:

sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-extras_0.9-ubuntu1_i386.deb
Done, hopefully!

sirius_2
July 3rd, 2011, 11:23 PM
Ok, the name of the package is different, but the errors, and therefore the solution, too, seem to be the same.

So, just run this command:

sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/faenza-extras_0.9-ubuntu1_i386.deb
Done, hopefully!
I know that I should specify the proper name of the package in this command.;) And I ran the command properly a few times but as a result I've got the same error!

sasoc
October 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi

I have exactly the same problem with faenza-extras.
Have you solved this?

Regards,
Sašo

sirius_2
October 9th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi

I have exactly the same problem with faenza-extras.
Have you solved this?

Regards,
Sašo
Yes, I succeeded in resolving this trouble two or three days ago. I ran this command:

sudo dpkg -P --force-all faenza*
It'll purge all the packages with "faenza" in their names.

Krytarik
October 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
And then reinstall Faenza, I'm guessing you mean? :P

sirius_2
October 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM
And then reinstall Faenza, I'm guessing you mean? :P
Yes, then you can reinstall this icon theme, if you like, of course ;)

brendanpiater
October 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yes, I succeeded in resolving this trouble two or three days ago. I ran this command:

sudo dpkg -P --force-all faenza*

Did not work for me, however with a small tweak all it did:

sudo dpkg -P --force-all faenza-extras

No problems from there.

Mark as solved?

Cheers
B

sirius_2
October 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Did not work for me, however with a small tweak all it did:

sudo dpkg -P --force-all faenza-extras
No problems from there.

Mark as solved?