PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display error with visual effects in Unbutu 10.10 64bit

themumy
July 1st, 2011, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

I have a CAD tool from Cadence and need to run it on my Ubuntu 10.10 64bit laptop with ATI 5470 graphic card. But if I enable Visual Effects as Normal in Appearance settings the default setting of ubuntu, my software can be launched but it only shows the menu bar, the window in show is seem to be "transparent" with the image from the desktop background. If I disable all effects, it can run roughly. It means the window inside works well until I open a menu like file or edit... The part of the window that is covered by the menu will be "transparent" again !!!

Anybody helps me to run this tool in visual effect mode???
Please help me! Thank you so much

gordintoronto
July 2nd, 2011, 01:59 AM
What makes you think this is an Ubuntu problem and not a Cadence problem? Exactly what program is it, including version?

Duncan Williams
July 2nd, 2011, 04:41 AM
Have you got windows compositing switched on and set correctly

xcompmgr
compiz config settings manager (ccsm)
compiz fusion icon (switch of/select window managers)
(available in software manager)

themumy
July 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Thank for your help,

What makes you think this is an Ubuntu problem and not a Cadence problem? Exactly what program is it, including version?
I have tried to run it on CentOS and it works properly. So, I believe the problem is belong to Ubuntu window management. Tool i am using is Cadence EDI 9.1, it is quite new and seems to be released in 2010

Have you got windows compositing switched on and set correctly
xcompmgr
compiz config settings manager (ccsm)
compiz fusion icon (switch of/select window managers)
(available in software manager)
I did try to turn on compositing, but it cannot help

themumy
July 3rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Anybody helps me please!!!