PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 upgrade problems with mouse and keyboard

nicolo.p
July 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
hello to everybody,

i upgraded my system from 10.04 to 10.10 and no problem, in moving to 11.04 at restart grub sees my monitor moved a little bit on the right, and once logged in i can only move the mouse cursor, while mouse and keyboard do not respond, exception made for the sleep button on the keyboard, which actually freezes the system, but then i can't recover it [but this is another issue]

my pc is a pb imedia j9402, and with older ubuntu releases i edited xorg.conf, to solve the monitor issue [philips 180pil/00], which actually happened once logged in. moreover, i used nvidia proprietary driver, which maybe it's no more ubuntu policy to use (?)

i believe my problem is linked to ubuntu new graphical interface (unity?), and maybe during version upgrade it can have automatically substituted my xorg.conf with a standard one (?), while i don't think it's related with the new kernel version.

i want to stress that i have never had problems with mouse [a trust red bull racing mini mouse, 16231] or keyboard.

can anyone help me?
thanks in advance

ajgreeny
July 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM
1. Have you checked to see if any new drivers are available for your nvidia card?

2. Try logging into classic gnome from the login screen, bottom right, which may tell you if it is unity that is causing the problem.

nicolo.p
July 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
1. there aren't
2. yes, the problem is caused by unity, in fact using "classic with no acceleration" everything works well