PDA

View Full Version : Myspace sold to Justin Timberlake for 35 million USD

reyfer
July 1st, 2011, 04:27 AM
LOL....so now Myspace is dead for sure, in case it wasn't before

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/5212/investing-strategy/myspace-sold-for-35m.html

krapp
July 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
I'm sure Rupert Murdoch is most pleased with the return he made.

wewantutopia
July 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
I find it hilarious that MySpace still has 500 staff members!!

Bandit
July 1st, 2011, 05:27 AM
Maybe he can turn it around. I hate Facebook.

Porcini M.
July 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM
He's bringing sexy back...

TyraeClouds
July 1st, 2011, 06:28 AM
Please anyone but newcorp and rupert...douche. I'm not a fan of his music but, dude can make people move. I'm sure Justin can pick up Myspace a bit. Personally I killed my account when rupert's evil *** bought it and, never got into facebook so, doesn't phase me.

GaiaOnline through and through!! hahaha

user1397
July 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
i hate facebook.
+1

Random_Dude
July 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Myspace is still used by musicians.
Maybe Timberlake has some insight of the music industry that will allow him to improve Myspace's profits.

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Heres a little anti - Facebook speech i prepared earlier for all those people who love Facebook a little too much....

Facebook is like some evil virus that spreads through its users. Symptoms include but are not limited to:

1) Severe bouts of Egomania - Believing that people actually give a **** about what you ate for lunch and what colour top you are currently wearing.

2) Shallow Superficialness - Being friends with a ridiculous number... of people, most of which you never liked but added anyways,in a desperate bid to appear more popular. Which brings us cunningly onto point 3...

3)The belief that having more friends makes you somehow more socially appealing. - This is bull-**** to the maximum, if you have 1,000 "friends" how the f*ck can you maintain that many friendships? It's abnormal.....

4)Sheepyness/Indifference. - People who use facebook are usually like a chicken korma, not too mild but not too spicy. Basically they follow what other people say because again they want to "fit-in" and appear "cool". If having 10 friends makes me "uncool" on facebook, then quite frankly thankyou but **** off you shallow bastard... ^Go back to pt2. Do not pass Go...Do not collect $200.

5)Lack of opinion/quick to change opinion/lack of backbone - People seem to adjust their views to suit the occasion, this is typical of everyone though to be fair to an extent, yet it is more prevalent in the wonderful domain of facebook.

The conclusion?

Facebook implements/encourages a certain shallowness which is revealed in our drive through generation. A lack of caring (psychopathy). An on demand sort of vibe as in oh i dont feel like responding i'll do it later e.t.c....

Basically it seems to bring out various negative traits such as manipulation, lack of empathy and compassion, and other negative personality disorders that sadly seem to be becoming more and more prevalent in todays society. Why?

Well perhaps it is because when talking through a computer, it could be perceived that the other person "isn't really there", and thus does not warrant the attention that someone who perhaps in the same room would warrant.

For example if someone said hello to you in the street, unless a) You were a mother f*cker or b) You didn't particularly like the person, you would say hello back...facebook is like people walking down the street, one person saying hello..and then 5 hours later when that person is back home and snuggly playing on some computer game, they get a "hello" back.

It is making people more shallow in general, and thus my prognosis determines that facebook is evil and must henceforth be shut down.

And so i call upon those with the strength to fight the good fight, leave the land of facebook , you are better off without its filthy adulterous ways... Do not be a slave to facebook any longer...shatter the shackles of checking your inbox....break the chains of picture commenting, Turn from the evil that is in built java games....and take instead the route to salvation, the route of shutting down your facebook account and becoming once again a decent caring human being...

To all those who have been facefooked you have my deepest sympathies... On a final note..... You may call me rude, you may even call me anti-social, but in a society that is seemingly rapidly going down the toilet, is that really such a bad thing to be? Time to Un-learn dudes/dudettes. ;) A Facebook analogy by a very bored dude. =)

Bandit
July 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
+1

Sad part is, I use Facebook day in and day out to keep up with friends. But this is one of those fads I hope fades out. I remember everyone used ICQ, then AOL, then Yahoo and now Facebook. (At least for me)

I guess I wouldnt hate facebook if it would just let me customise the page like myspace does. Also Facebook settings could be little easier to use.

jhonan
July 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Heres a little anti - Facebook speech i prepared earlier <snip>
Woah, was that ASCII-art? :p

reyfer
July 1st, 2011, 03:13 PM
Can a mod please close this thread? I started it to inform of what I though was a funny fact, and hear your opinions about it, not to be turned into an anti-facebook platform

MooPi
July 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
From what I've read the old MySpace is dead and the new owners will redesign and package a new portal for artists and music lovers to enjoy. Probably very commercialized and not for the small independent artist as MySpace was once touted.

Bandit
July 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
Can a mod please close this thread? I started it to inform of what I though was a funny fact, and hear your opinions about it, not to be turned into an anti-facebook platform

So you dont want a pro Myspace thread either?

If you start a thread about Chevy Camero, except to here some anti-mustange sentiments. Same thing as this.. :popcorn:

Random_Dude
July 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
From what I've read the old MySpace is dead and the new owners will redesign and package a new portal for artists and music lovers to enjoy. Probably very commercialized and not for the small independent artist as MySpace was once touted.

Is there really a market for big bands to be on myspace? If they are big enough they should already have their own website. Why pay for a myspace page?

Besides, they would be throwing away the only market that they still have: the small independent artists.

Cheers :cool:

aaaantoine
July 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
o.O They sold it to the guy who created Napster!?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0209111/

majorpay
July 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Heres a little anti - Facebook speech i prepared earlier for all those people who love Facebook a little too much.... Facebook is like some evil virus that spreads through its users. Symptoms include but are not limited to: 1) Severe bouts of Egomania - Believing that people actually give a **** about what you ate for lunch and what colour top you are currently wearing. 2) Shallow Superficialness - Being friends with a ridiculous number... of people, most of which you never liked but added anyways,in a desperate bid to appear more popular. Which brings us cunningly onto point 3... 3)The belief that having more friends makes you somehow more socially appealing. - This is bull-**** to the maximum, if you have 1,000 "friends" how the f*ck can you maintain that many friendships? It's abnormal..... 4)Sheepyness/Indifference. - People who use facebook are usually like a chicken korma, not too mild but not too spicy. Basically they follow what other people say because again they want to "fit-in" and appear "cool". If having 10 friends makes me "uncool" on facebook, then quite frankly thankyou but **** off you shallow bastard... ^Go back to pt2. Do not pass Go...Do not collect $200. 5)Lack of opinion/quick to change opinion/lack of backbone - People seem to adjust their views to suit the occasion, this is typical of everyone though to be fair to an extent, yet it is more prevalent in the wonderful domain of facebook. The conclusion? Facebook implements/encourages a certain shallowness which is revealed in our drive through generation. A lack of caring (psychopathy). An on demand sort of vibe as in oh i dont feel like responding i'll do it later e.t.c.... Basically it seems to bring out various negative traits such as manipulation, lack of empathy and compassion, and other negative personality disorders that sadly seem to be becoming more and more prevalent in todays society. Why? Well perhaps it is because when talking through a computer, it could be perceived that the other person "isn't really there", and thus does not warrant the attention that someone who perhaps in the same room would warrant. For example if someone said hello to you in the street, unless a) You were a mother f*cker or b) You didn't particualry like the person, you would say hello back...facebook is like people walking down the street, one person saying hello..and then 5 hours later when that person is back home and snuggly playing on some computer game, they get a "hello" back. It is making people more shallow in general, and thus my prognosis determines that facebook is evil and must henceforth be shut down. And so i call upon those with the strength to fight the good fight, leave the land of facebook , you are better off without its filthy adulterous ways... Do not be a slave to facebook any longer...shatter the shackles of checking your inbox....break the chains of picture commenting, Turn from the evil that is in built java games....and take instead the route to salvation, the route of shutting down your facebook account and becoming once again a decent caring human being... To all those who have been facefooked you have my deepest sympathies... On a final note..... You may call me rude, you may even call me anti-social, but in a society that is seemingly rapidly going down the toilet, is that really such a bad thing to be? Time to Un-learn dudes/dudettes. ;) A Facebook analogy by a very bored dude. =)

I think you're bitter because you don't have enough friends. I'll friend you dude :p

goldshirt9
July 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
I think you're bitter because you don't have enough friends. I'll friend you dude :p

rrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats nice. :p

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Lol at Corporate sheep soldiers defending their territory. ;)

Lots of love

Eiji Takanaka

x x

Swagman
July 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM

I just saw a wall of text and immediately scrolled past it.

Bandit
July 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
I just saw a wall of text and immediately scrolled past it.

LOL yea me too, I did manage to make it to the "anti -" part few words in and my ADD said nope not happening..

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Flipping facebook friday today int it...All the facebook employees are out in force i see. The beauty is they defend facebook and they dont even need to be paid for it! Thats the wonderful western world and capitalism in its purest sense. Why pay people, when you can recruit an army for free? Free labour, woohoo.

People have their own opinions and what not, and we should respect those opinions as holding equal gravity to our own, (even if they do happen to be wrong ;).

Swagman lets just hope your wordly wisdom doesn't extend to other things eh?

Learning to become an air-line pilot book........

*starts reading.......wall of text...yawns tl..dr lol lol lol,

and bandit dude, you managed to make it to the anti- and then the social conditioning kicked in!

Anything that questions our wonderful system is wrong and outcast, and shall be tarred with all such delinquent thoughts as, aliens among us....reptilian brains....9/11 conspiracy theories.

Of course a place such as facebook couldn't be used to garner and glean various social information and profiling trends and social patterns of individuals which could then be entered onto a massive database in order to later be used to categorise potential threats and "terrorists" who think that the wonderful ways of facebook with its shiny happy face and bringing people together demeanour, the good boy facebook, is possibly a bad-thing, no of course not. Ridiculous. Fantastical.

It is genius though.

Use peoples ego as a tool against them.

Just another tool in the psychological warfare arsenal.

Oh wait look theres a little green man standing over there, i have to go say hello to him now ;)

I anticipate a few tl:dr's, but perhaps i will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

reyfer
July 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry, but even if it means I get a warning or whatever here on these forum, I have to call you a hypocrite, Mr. Eiji Tanaka. You say we should respect other's opinions, and yet you call people that don't share your opinion about FB "facebook employees".....care to explain that part?

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
I haven't called anyone who doesn't agree with me a facebook employee.

That is a fabrication.

To those defending the site, are my words then wrong?

Your time would be better spent doing something creative in life as opposed to undermining others.

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM
But the same could be said of myself i suppose ;)

And yes to enter into judgement out of anything other than love, is to enter into hypocrisy.

Aquix
July 1st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Everyone seem to laugh at myspace but it has the potential to become the biggest social music site ever. And if they do thing right they might have the last laugh.

Eiji Takanaka
July 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
But corporations in general are not human-beings. They are an evil entity, a massive threat to humanity, and they are slowly but surely destroying our civil rights, freedoms and ultimately lives. They are a machine for a few super unscrupulous ******* to hide behind and wage battle against other unscrupulous ******. The people are the cannon fodder in the middle of the battle.

If we don't stand up to them soon. It will once again result in serfdom.

They are growing more and more powerful every day that goes on, and using more and more shady tactics to maintain their profit margins.

They are merging with other conglomerates, paying f*ck all tax, and even have the pure balls to try and reduce the corporate tax-rate..by using the state puppets that they now completely control, to pass through laws that are beneficial to themselves.

So if you want to start defending such an entity that robs people of their day to day rights and livelyhoods. Then yes i will pick a bone with you.

reyfer
July 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM
I haven't called anyone who doesn't agree with me a facebook employee.

That is a fabrication.
So is this a fabrication, what you wrote in response to Swagman and Bandit's comments?

Flipping facebook friday today int it...All the facebook employees are out in force i see. The beauty is they defend facebook and they dont even need to be paid for it!

MonolithImmortal
July 1st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Eiji, you butthurt bro?

Seriously dude, no one cares that you hate facebook so much. Get off your soapbox and go troll somewhere else. Also formatting is your friend. Your first wall of text made my eyeballs bleed.

Eiji Takanaka
July 2nd, 2011, 01:03 AM
Monolith my butt doesn't hurt, but i suspect your brain hurts after you've exhausted your entire 5 brain cells in a vain effort to sound intelligent and/or witty.

I imagine your butthurts though, moving up the corporate pyramid and all, must be somewhat of a rough ride eh?

I don't care that you don't care what i typed sunshine, you have the ability to filter out what you want to read or not read or agree with or not agree with.

But if you feel the need to try and undermine others to make yourself feel better in life, then o.k thats your decision. Trip others up to make yourself seem further ahead.

If you want to talk rationally about the ins and outs of the topic then cool by me, if you want to resort to throwing about petty insults i suggest you remain in the kindergarten, where your ever so witty remarks are best suited.

Seems i hit on somewhat of a chord though, i see you have only 1 bean to your name, thats not trollish behaviour at all is it.

And reyfer your statment is false

"and yet you call people that don't share your opinion about FB "facebook employees".....care to explain that part? "

I didn't call people who don't share my opinion facebook employees, i called the ones defending it like it was some sort of sacred artifact 'facebook employees'.

There are people who read this and are neither here nor there. Thus there are those that don't share my opinion who aren't facebook employees.

Thus you have created a fabrication. I.e a lie.

I suggest you pay close attention to the wording. "All the facebook employees" Does not necessarily insinuate that everyone reading/disagreeing with me is a facebook employee.

If i am in a multinational environment, and i say all the scottish people are out today, does that mean i am speaking about everyone in the room?

I'm sorry if i seem like a bit of a ****, but if someone attacks me i have the right to defend myself.

Eiji Takanaka
July 2nd, 2011, 01:04 AM
You do have a point about formatting though...apologies....no script seems to remove any formatting that i had done. ;)

Ric_NYC
July 2nd, 2011, 01:07 AM
I thought MySpace was the abandoned amusement park of the internet.