PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] slow double click renaming

Simonpatp
July 1st, 2011, 12:26 AM
I have scoured numerous bugs and brainstorms, but I cannot find a script/patch/anything to enable slow double click file renanaming. I really like this feature of both Mac and Windows, and everytime I go to rename a file under Ubuntu, I first try to slow double click, then i realize "Nautilus sucks" and right click > rename. Is there any script/patch/something that would let me do this (NOT F2, F2 is clear on the other side of the keyboard)

Francois_C
January 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I have scoured numerous bugs and brainstorms, but I cannot find a script/patch/anything to enable slow double click file renanaming. I really like this feature of both Mac and Windows, and everytime I go to rename a file under Ubuntu, I first try to slow double click, then i realize "Nautilus sucks" and right click > rename. Is there any script/patch/something that would let me do this (NOT F2, F2 is clear on the other side of the keyboard)
I terribly miss this feature too, (think it exists with KDE, but I have not used it for several years) and I was trying to google out a solution.
But I googled out a conclusion: Linuxians may be narrow-minded and sectarian: the only reason why it does not exist is that it is a Windows feature.

howefield
January 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Old thread closed.