PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Xbuntu desktop freezes when idle

user91
June 30th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hi

I have been experiencing this problem from when i switched to xubuntu desktop. The screen freezes each time I leave my system idle for an hour or so and hence I am forced to manual reboot each time this happens. This is annoying and I would love to know if I could do away with this trouble.

Thanks

jerrrys
June 30th, 2011, 06:52 AM
are you set to never?

dFlyer
June 30th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Manual reboot should only be a last result. Have you tried ctl-sysreg (print screen) reisub keys which will reboot the computer. What version number of Ubuntu are you using?

Rodney9
June 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
The screen freezes each time I leave my system idle

I gave up on Xubuntu 11.04 for the same problem.

wildmanne39
July 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Hi, here is a link on freezing in natty, I am not sure that applies to xubuntu 11.04, but I will give it to you just in case.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze

user91
July 1st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Yes it works :D

It was one of the openGL screensaver-GLtext which caused the problem.

Thanks wildmanne39

wildmanne39
July 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Yes it works :D

It was one of the openGL screensaver-GLtext which caused the problem.

Thanks wildmanne39Hi, your welcome glad it fixed your problem,would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved be clicking on thread tools. Thank you so much.

wissamshaar
September 1st, 2011, 12:09 AM
Hi

I have been experiencing this problem from when i switched to xubuntu desktop. The screen freezes each time I leave my system idle for an hour or so and hence I am forced to manual reboot each time this happens. This is annoying and I would love to know if I could do away with this trouble.

Thanks

Updating the Kernel solved the problem for me.