PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your coffee?

trizrK
June 29th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Personally i like mine with lots of milk and a touch of sugar.

handy
June 29th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I was surprised when I read that caffeine is actually the plants method of protecting itself from insects. It is actually a natural insecticide!

Fortunately it doesn't kill humans, though it does have some side effects that the effected would never wish for, as anyone who does a Scroogle search:

psychological diseases triggered by caffeine

One would at least hope that even those who are prone to the problems that caffeine can cause would need to be drinking plenty of it regularly before it triggered such effects.

Phrea
June 29th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Black, no sugar.

doas777
June 29th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Replicator. Coffee. cream, double strong, double sweet.

all hail Chief Miles O'Brien, the only guy who is nice in the normal and alternate universes.

JDShu
June 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Milk and Chocolate/Caramel Syup with a touch of cinnamon.

It's manly.

handy
June 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Milk and Chocolate/Caramel Syup with a touch of cinnamon.

It's manly.

:lolflag: You big girl!

slooksterpsv
June 29th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Hazelnut or French Vanilla creamer preferred otherwise I take it how it is.

KiwiNZ
June 29th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Long Black
plunger
Instant

Copper Bezel
June 29th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Strong, freshly course-ground with a metal filter and topped with a spot of half and half and possibly a trickle of vanilla extract. For cold, three shots of cold press or, if necessary, chilled espresso, a touch of water and another spot of half and half. No sugar ever, which to me defeats the purpose.

And most of my favorite things were developed as natural insecticides. See nicotine. = )

pjd99
June 29th, 2011, 07:41 AM
At work, we have a DeLonghi Primadonna (I think). Usually a double short on the strong or extra-strong setting, topped up with steamed milk - 1 sugar.
Input: Beans + water...
Output: Decent auto-machine coffee...

If i'm out and about a double-shot cappuccino usually does the trick.

NightwishFan
June 29th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Ah reminds me of the good ol' days of the Coffee/Tea group.

I like mine french roast or similar dark; A bit more cream/milk than folks usually have; With only a bit of sugar.

Zero2Nine
June 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
black instant coffee :p

chegarty
June 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I usually don't drink instant coffee. I like my coffee strong with a little cream. But really, as long as it's coffee, I'll probably drink it.

Copper Bezel
June 29th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I like mine french roast or similar dark
Oh, right, forgot that bit. ++.

MadPoet
June 29th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I love all sorts of coffee. Since I spend most of my coffee-drinking-time at work, the coffee I drink the most is instant, with just the slightest bits of milk and sugar. My absolute favourite, however, is mochaccino. :)

Henry Flower
June 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Black, black like my soul.

NovaAesa
June 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
100% milk, no water. One teaspoon of raw sugar. One tablespoon of Turkish pulverized coffee, all heated in a sausepan.

Perfect Storm
June 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hot Black coffee, thanks.

There was a period where I drank cappuccino. When my work invested in a big coffee/tea/soup/chocolate-machine (billions of combinations :P ), but grew tired of it and went back to black coffee.

s.fox
June 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I do not drink coffee, it gives me a headache. I drink tea by Mariage Frères (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariage_Fr%C3%A8res) instead. I have it black with no sugar :)

Perfect Storm
June 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I do not drink coffee, it gives me a headache. I drink tea by Mariage Frères (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariage_Fr%C3%A8res) instead. I have it black with no sugar :)

Tea? Only when I get a cold :popcorn:

Bachstelze
June 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I don't drink coffee because I hate the taste. If I need a boost, I have a Red Bull

nothingspecial
June 29th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Arabica and robusta blend, dark roast, fresh ground...... if I can be bothered....

Usually I'll have black, instant.

lucazade
June 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Espresso coffee or with ice shaker during summer time.

slooksterpsv
June 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm going to kick the OPs butt. I just made me some coffee, mmm how I've missed it. Darn Anxiety keeps me from drinking it like I used to, but oh I love it sooooooooooooooooooooo much.

trizrK
June 29th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Black, black like my soul.
Haha so dark
You're ice cold.

John-B
June 29th, 2011, 11:24 AM
My favorite is called locally a minesweeper:
Black no sugar with a double shot of expresso

However if its hot out then just black iced ;)

SoFl W
June 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Removed

8_Bit
June 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I don't drink coffee. But on the very rare occasion that I'm offered a cup at a friend's, I usually add milk and lots and lots of sugar.

I've really never liked the taste of raw, unsweetened coffee. Tastes literally like dirt to me. :(

matthewbpt
June 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Macciato: Strong shot of espresso with a touch of foamy milk. I make my coffee in a Bialleti Moka Express, best way to make a cup of coffee short of buying an expensive coffee machine.

haqking
June 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Instant (kenco or nescafe only)....heaped spoon and a half, one sugar and a splash of milk (i want coffee not milk) so a dark chocolate brown color and at least 30 times a day ;-)

lucazade
June 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Macciato: Strong shot of espresso with a touch of foamy milk. I make my coffee in a Bialleti Moka Express, best way to make a cup of coffee short of buying an expensive coffee machine.

Bialetti is A class coffee maker.
Thumbs up!

reyfer
June 29th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I get roasted coffee beans and grind them myself, making my own blends, mixing Venezuelan, Colombian, Brazilian and Hawaiian beans, sometimes adding some clove to the mix....then brew it on a Bialetti and taste perfection

ratcheer
June 29th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I usually like my coffee with hot half and half. Occasionally, with certain foods, I prefer it black. On even rarer occasions, I will add a teaspoon of sugar with the half and half.

By the way, half and half seems to me to have changed in a major way over the past 10 or 15 years. It is not nearly as good as it used to be, although it stays fresh longer.

Tim

CraigPaleo
June 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I was surprised when I read that caffeine is actually the plants method of protecting itself from insects. It is actually a natural insecticide!

Fortunately it doesn't kill humans, though it does have some side effects that the effected would never wish for, as anyone who does a Scroogle search:

psychological diseases triggered by caffeine

One would at least hope that even those who are prone to the problems that caffeine can cause would need to be drinking plenty of it regularly before it triggered such effects.

I'm certainly glad caffeine has no such effects on me! Most plant alkaloids are meant to fend off herbivores including nicotine and many others that are used for drugs or medicine by humans.

I like my coffee with cream and no sugar. If I don't have cream, I put enough ice cubes in it to make it drinkable. I don't like burning my taste buds.

Nyromith
June 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Caffeinated_spiderwebs.jpg
See what caffeine does to your brain? It's poison.

I am addicted to energy drinks but I hate this crap (started to drink like 7 years ago, so it's difficult to quit).
I like tea more than coffee, but if I do drink coffee, I like it black without sugar.

ilovelinux33467
June 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
black with no sugar.

BrokenKingpin
June 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Black with one sugar, and no sugar if the coffee is of high quality.

Dragonbite
June 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
black, with enough sugar so if the caffeine doesn't wake me up, the sugar will ;)

Our "house" blend is really, a house blend. When we get flavored coffees and reach the end of the bag if there is anything left we put it into this can which usually starts with a base regular coffee. Over time the flavor changes and is unique, but tastes good.

leg
June 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Black & instant.

desktorp
June 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I let a half-pound sit in a jug for about 12 hours, then put the extract in the fridge. It looks scary but it's the foundation of the perfect iced coffee. (http://www.toddycafe.com/)

danbuter
June 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I love coffee with a little cream and sugar. Can't drink it much anymore, since it makes my acid reflux go haywire.

Instead, I've been drinking green tea with orange.

Dragonbite
June 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
At my last job we had our own Coffee club which everybody paid into.

On a normal day, we would make 2-3 pots of coffee for everybody. On the first day after I was let go of, they realized that the pot they put on in the morning was the same pot at the end of the day!

Does this mean I drink too much?

zer010
June 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I only really drink coffee during the cold months. I'll take it about any way it comes, but I prefer a little cream and a little sugar. To compensate for the cream and sugar, I use dark roasts and make it strong. Ever since my coffee maker went out, I've since switched to a camping percolator that I put on the stove. It works well and I can brew it as strong as I want.

oldos2er
June 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Black as the devil, hot as hell.

chili555
June 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
As grandpa said to me about fifty years ago, "Billy! That cream and sugar..that thar is fer the wimmin-folks." I imagine he would be thrilled to pay $6 for a coffee at Starbucks, et al, and spilling on your necktie and leather seats of the car as you sip it while driving.

When the waitron at the local diner offers cream and sugar and I decline, I fondly remember grandpa and his admonition.

Gremlinzzz
June 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Same as a red door paint it black:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGAA6oih_c&feature=related

trizrK
June 29th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Black as the devil, hot as hell.
The devil is red;)

Zero2Nine
June 29th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I only really drink coffee during the cold months. I'll take it about any way it comes, but I prefer a little cream and a little sugar. To compensate for the cream and sugar, I use dark roasts and make it strong. Ever since my coffee maker went out, I've since switched to a camping percolator that I put on the stove. It works well and I can brew it as strong as I want.

I drink coffee 36[5/6] days a year, although I admit a warm cup of coffee is more welcome during the cold months.

lulled
June 30th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Espresso. No milk. No sugar.

Brian0312
June 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I like a Double Double from Timmies, because, you know, crack is expensive.

sidzen
June 30th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Black
Strong
With a bite -- like a Seattle coffee

Hur Dur
June 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM
A lot of milk, and 4-6 packets of sweetener. The "coffee" usually turns out white or a very light brown.

uRock
June 30th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Strong, rich and creamy.

I have a slightly oversized coffee cup, so I use 2 spoons of creamer and 3 spoons of sugar.

Frogs Hair
June 30th, 2011, 02:20 AM
I like Guatemala Antigua Gourmet Coffee , black and strong .

lulled
June 30th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Ah, do you know why I'll have my coffee espresso, no sugar and no milk? Because I am TOUGH. Ugh!

trizrK
June 30th, 2011, 02:30 AM
As much as i try to like black coffee, i just can't do it.:(

oldos2er
June 30th, 2011, 03:11 AM
The devil is red;)

Talleyrand didn't think so.

Khakilang
June 30th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Instant 3 in 1 coffee with extra milk in the morning and tea in the evening.

uRock
June 30th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Ah, do you know why I'll have my coffee espresso, no sugar and no milk? Because I am TOUGH. Ugh!
I am tough, but I have taste buds. :P Have you ever found yourself chewing on fresh coffee beans for the flavor? I have. They = noms.

yetiman64
June 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Instant coffee : strong, very white, very sweet (2.5 to 3 teaspoons sugar).

Plunger coffee is my favourite though (a good brand for me is Vittoria) : either black or white it doesn't matter and same as instant for strength and sugar.

One particular brand, I can't remember the name now, was purchased by another person for me because of the "pretty tin". Never make that mistake, it was what I imagine stagnant swamp water would taste like no matter how it was made :-&. Gave that one away as quick as possible :P.

Timmer1240
June 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM
With Baileys

sports fan Matt
June 30th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Been a long time, (been busy with work and other things). Tried it black but its hard to get used to, so now I use "Italian Sweet Creme".

Graduate
June 30th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Depends on the coffee. Some are really good black. But a little cream and some truvia is enough also good.

~3 cups a day :)

sports fan Matt
June 30th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I tend to also do two to three cups, depending on how late I stayed up the night before

benc1213
June 30th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I like my coffee like I like my women. Hot and scalding.

lucazade
June 30th, 2011, 07:15 AM
The secrect of a good coffee, beside a good coffee maker and the blend, is the wather used to make it.
Especially the concentration of calcium and magnesium is important..
in fact best wather for coffee here is in Naples because of the volcano Vesuvio. :)

d3v1150m471c
June 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM
In my ubuntu mug, duh! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357030@N04/5150485899/) :)

frankbooth
June 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
espresso

Dragonbite
June 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I am tough, but I have taste buds. :P Have you ever found yourself chewing on fresh coffee beans for the flavor? I have. They = noms.

I was munching on some chocolate covered coffee beans a co-worker had and after a handful (or two ;) ), all that caffeine hit at once! WHOA! What a rush!

Zero2Nine
June 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
This thread is evil. Every time I see it popping up in the cafe (café and coffee also appear to be quite related) it entices me to have another coffee.

Dragonbite
June 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
This thread is evil. Every time I see it popping up in the cafe (café and coffee also appear to be quite related) it entices me to have another coffee.

Have one, on me!

NightwishFan
June 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I only have black tea in the house. So I suppose I will make that. It will be nice after my long bike ride back.

Dry Lips
June 30th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I quit drinking coffee about 8,5 yrs ago, even though I was a great coffee
lover. Today if the urge for something black in my cup gets too strong, I drink
Barleycup (coffee substitute).
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Barleycup

trizrK
June 30th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I quit drinking coffee about 8,5 yrs ago, even though I was a great coffee
lover. Today if the urge for something black in my cup gets too strong, I drink
Barleycup (coffee substitute).
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Barleycup
Why is it that you stopped drinking coffee?

Dry Lips
July 1st, 2011, 12:30 AM
Why is it that you stop drinking coffee?
Coffee contains a psychoactive substance called caffeine, which chemically
is closely related to amphetamine. At one point in my life I found out that I
wanted to abstain from all intoxicants, so giving up coffee seemed like a
natural thing to do...

wolfen69
July 1st, 2011, 02:05 AM
Coffee is evil.

Gremlinzzz
July 1st, 2011, 02:24 AM
Coffee is evil.

Maybe not:)
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/23/fighting-cancer-with-coffee
Fighting cancer with coffee

mamamia88
July 1st, 2011, 02:44 AM
straight black. started drinking it that way when i was cutting calories and it stuck.

cgroza
July 1st, 2011, 02:47 AM
Absent.

compmodder26
July 1st, 2011, 03:16 AM
Black, black, black. Oh yeah, did I mention black?

Dragonbite
July 1st, 2011, 03:21 AM
Black, black, black. Oh yeah, did I mention black?

Maybe once, or twice ;)

standingwave
July 1st, 2011, 04:18 AM
Sumatra Mandheling, Medium Roast (more caffeine than dark roast)

Conical Burr Mill Grinder (French Presses require a consistent grind)

French Press (lets you control all aspects of the brewing process)

No sugar, no milk

Dobbie03
July 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM
Black, like my metal. :)

NightwishFan
July 1st, 2011, 04:40 AM
Black, like my metal. :)

\m/

lisati
July 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
I prefer filter over plunger, and usually make do with instant coffee, one teaspoon sugar, and without milk. On the rare occasions I have tea, I can't stand it without milk......

The devil is red;)
I heard that was a result of a silly outfit some folks made him wear a few centuries back to make him look ridiculous..... [citation needed]

I like my coffee like I like my women. Hot and scalding.
I didn't know you'd met Mrs Lisati? Oh wait..... she's strong hot black brown and sweet, and can hold her own with a tongue lashing if she thinks it's called for.

life in color
July 1st, 2011, 05:02 AM
I'll take it literally basically any way but I tend to like either just black or just with a lot of cream.

as2000
July 1st, 2011, 05:02 AM
Milk with sugar substitute. Sometimes with Hazelnut creamer.

aykoola
July 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Black with just a bit of sugar and milk.

I've been trying to find some top-notch coffee in Slovenia for a while now, still empty-handed. Unlike for tea, we don't have specialized stores for coffee.

edit: did anyone try Taylors coffee? What's it like?

Off Topic
July 1st, 2011, 07:06 AM
Black, bitter and ground up in my freezer.

Same way I like my women.

Dragonbite
July 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
I like mine flowing over my tongue and down my throat. And seeing I don't have anything in my cup right now I'm a-gonna go get some!

:)

trizrK
July 3rd, 2011, 12:40 AM
I like mine flowing over my tongue and down my throat. And seeing I don't have anything in my cup right now I'm a-gonna go get some!

:)
I'm abusing it's caffeine goodness as we speak!:P

Astarroth
July 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Strong and black! Nothing else in it.

Linuxratty
July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
chocolate,coffee and soy milk.

Legendary_Bibo
July 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
5 drops coffee, 5 oz sugar, 3 oz milk so I scream at the day as it goes by.

juancarlospaco
July 3rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Scripted (http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script/)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Black with a large helping of guarana root.

:lolflag:

OldBoy44
July 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Black with a large helping of guarana root.

:lolflag:

http://eatmoreherbs.com/herbjpgs/B336guarana.html

Should not be taken if suffering from constipation or high blood pressure - :)

Lkm
July 4th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I don't like coffee, but Ubuntu is starting to sound more and more like a tasty hot drink.

trizrK
July 4th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Scripted (http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script/)
Wow, that looks like a nifty language. I think I'll try it out. Thanks for showing me LOL. :)

juancarlospaco
July 4th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Wow, that looks like a nifty language. I think I'll try it out. Thanks for showing me LOL. :)

The Python-ified version of JavaScriptz...

papibe
July 4th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Brew's methods in order of enjoyment:

Espresso machine.
Italian stovetop: Brikka
French press.
Italian stovetop: Mokka.

All black, no sugar.

Regards.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 4th, 2011, 04:22 AM
http://eatmoreherbs.com/herbjpgs/B336guarana.html

Should not be taken if suffering from constipation or high blood pressure - :)

Haha. I never read about the constipation problem. I do know that a tea made from guarana beans can have three times as much caffeine as coffee. That can't be good for high blood pressure. Anyway, I was joking. I haven't used coffee or guarana in the past 40 years.

Rasa1111
July 4th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Make it kinda strong,
then add "lots" (3-5 tablespoons apprx.) of "half&half" (half milk-half cream)
and lots of natural, unbleached sugar crystals, (Probably 4-5 teaspoons).

Gotta make it stronger when I have migraines.
Helps a bit.

prodigy_
July 4th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I can drink any coffee even if it's cold and without sugar. As long as there's milk in it. ;)

CraigPaleo
July 5th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Right about now, I'm preferring velvet hammers!

Vodka
Crème de cacao
Coffee
Ice cream
Crushed ice
Put in blender and blend.
Drink

trizrK
July 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ever tried coffee and Kahlua? Mmm

ninjaaron
July 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I've been putting ice cream in my coffee a lot lately.

oldos2er
July 7th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I've been putting ice cream in my coffee a lot lately.

Chocolate is also good in coffee.

haqking
July 7th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I like my coffe like my Linux....comes in lots of flavours and they all keep you awake at night ;-)

johnnybgoode83
July 7th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Black no sugar. I can't stand all those poofy variations like cappucino or mocha etc.

Zerocool Djx
July 7th, 2011, 04:31 AM
If anyone can explain why coffee puts me to sleep I'd like to know that.. lol

haqking
July 7th, 2011, 04:34 AM
If anyone can explain why coffee puts me to sleep I'd like to know that.. lol

Becoming subdued or relaxed from a stimulant is a sign of ADHD......;-)

aykoola
July 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
just bought and tried Jacobs for the first time. Quite nice. Can't wait for my imported coffee to arrive from England.

Zerocool Djx
July 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Becoming subdued or relaxed from a stimulant is a sign of ADHD......;-)

Really? That would explain some things then, LOL...

Grenage
July 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
If I have to drink instant, it's 2 spoons of sugar to 2 spoons of 'coffee'. Otherwise I grind the beans, throw them in a french press and leave it that, very strong with no sugar.

Tea is where it's really at; I find it odd that in England, the largest tea consumer in the west, almost everyone settles for commercial tea bags. There's barely any comparison between those and loose tea; they're bloody awful.

No milk in any of the above.

beetleman64
July 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I hate coffee.

However, I like my tea with a little milk and no sugar.

kostageas
July 11th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I never drink regular coffee.

My favourite coffee drink is an iced caramel machiato from Starbucks :)

p54c
July 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Depends of my day and stomach acidity; a few drops of milk calm the baby alien that push to get out of my stomach :P

http://www.squawkfox.com/2011/06/16/frappuccino-recipe/ :D