PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installing Flash under KUbuntu 11.04, problem with nspluginwrapper

etienoo
June 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to install flash (32 bits version) on KUbuntu 11.04 64 bits on a MacBook Pro 6.02.
I followed the procedure described on the French official Ubuntu page (http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/flashplayer) (in French, oops…).

In particular, I typed:

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installerBut then I got the following error:

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances Lecture des informations d'état...
Fait Les paquets supplémentaires suivants seront installés :
nspluginwrapper
Paquets suggérés :
xulrunner-1.9 firefox-3.0 konqueror-nsplugins msttcorefonts ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-dejavu ttf-xfree86-nonfree xfs
Les NOUVEAUX paquets suivants seront installés :
flashplugin-installer nspluginwrapper
0 mis à jour, 2 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 0 non mis à jour.
Il est nécessaire de prendre 0 o/185 ko dans les archives.
Après cette opération, 770 ko d'espace disque supplémentaires seront utilisés.
Souhaitez-vous continuer [O/n] ? o
Préconfiguration des paquets...
Sélection du paquet nspluginwrapper précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 160984 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Dépaquetage de nspluginwrapper (à partir de .../nspluginwrapper_1.2.2-0ubuntu9_amd64.deb) ...
Sélection du paquet flashplugin-installer précédemment désélectionné.
Dépaquetage de flashplugin-installer (à partir de .../flashplugin-installer_10.3.181.14ubuntu0.11.04.1_amd64.deb) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour « man-db »...
Paramétrage de nspluginwrapper (1.2.2-0ubuntu9) ...
plugin dirs: :/var/lib/flashplugin-installer/
Auto-update plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
Segmentation fault
dpkg : erreur de traitement de nspluginwrapper (--configure) :
le sous-processus script post-installation installé a retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 139
dpkg : des problèmes de dépendances empêchent la configuration de flashplugin-installer :
flashplugin-installer dépend de nspluginwrapper (>= 0.9.91.4-2ubuntu1) ; cependant :
Le paquet nspluginwrapper n'est pas encore configuré.
dpkg : erreur de traitement de flashplugin-installer (--configure) :
problèmes de dépendances - laissé non configuré
Aucun rapport « apport » n'a été créé car le message d'erreur indique une erreur consécutive à un échec précédent.
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
nspluginwrapper
flashplugin-installer
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)It's in French (I did not chose my terminal to be in French… just the system), but basically, the end says:

treatment error of nspluginwrapper (--configure) :
the subprocess post installing script returned a return state error 139
dpkg: dependencies problems prevent the configuration of flashplugin-installer
flashplugin-installer depends from nspluginwrapper (>= 0.9.91.4-2ubuntu1) ; however :
the packet nspluginwrapper has not been configured yet.
dpkg : treatment error of flashplugin-installer (--configure) :
dependencies problems - left unconfigured
No report « apport » has been create because the error message indicates an error following a previous failure.I tried again after purge, i.e.:

sudo apt-get purge nspluginwrapper
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installerBut the error that follows is the same. Any suggestion…?

An Sanct
June 28th, 2011, 02:34 PM
If you are using Firefox, try Flash Aid (http://www.webgapps.org/add-ons/flash-aid)…

etienoo
June 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Wow, thank you :-|

Was trying to solve the problems for 3 weeks :(

collisionystm
June 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Make sure to use the Adobe Labs test version with Flash AID. There are known issues with using a 32bit flash inside of a 64 bit install. I.E. You might not be able to control youtube videos

etienoo
June 28th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I used the wizard option, and I got Adobe Flash in 64 bits.

I tried the most useful websites (youtube, dailymotion, etc.) and it looks to work fine!

Thanks.

lovinglinux
June 28th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Make sure to use the Adobe Labs test version with Flash AID. There are known issues with using a 32bit flash inside of a 64 bit install. I.E. You might not be able to control youtube videos

Flash-Aid also applies a tweak, if necessary, to deal with the issue of not being able to use the controls in the 32bit version with the 64bit wrapper. But the 64bit works better anyway.

collisionystm
June 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Flash-Aid also applies a tweak, if necessary, to deal with the issue of not being able to use the controls in the 32bit version with the 64bit wrapper. But the 64bit works better anyway.

Nice! You created a great addon! Thanks !

lovinglinux
June 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Nice! You created a great addon! Thanks !

Thanks and welcome.