PDA

View Full Version : i cant get into youtube

u-noob-tu
June 28th, 2011, 01:28 AM
the other day i deactivated my youtube account (i decided i didnt like my username) and was going to make a new one. well, it kept saying that my email was already linked to another account (the one which i just disabled). annoyed, i kept trying various methods of making a new account, when i clicked "sign in" (if i remember correctly), and i get an "500 Internal Server error". after googling around i have heard that its googles fault and you just have to wait, or its your browsers fault and you need a new one. well, it is still giving me the error and i dont know what else to try. has anyone had this happen before? no one seems to have the same solution.

Bandit
June 28th, 2011, 01:33 AM
i cant get into youtube

Monitor screen must be playing havoc with you trying to craw in. :KS

u-noob-tu
June 28th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Monitor screen must be playing havoc with you trying to craw in. :KS
haha, very funny. you know what i mean :p

u-noob-tu
June 28th, 2011, 01:54 AM
well, i solved half of my problem. it turns out that if you disable a youtube account linked to a gmail, you can NEVER use that gmail account as the email address for your youtube account again. very annoying, and i dont want to make a whole new gmail just for youtube.

trizrK
June 28th, 2011, 02:08 AM
well i mean.. i kind of makes sense

Bandit
June 28th, 2011, 05:39 AM
well, i solved half of my problem. it turns out that if you disable a youtube account linked to a gmail, you can NEVER use that gmail account as the email address for your youtube account again. very annoying, and i dont want to make a whole new gmail just for youtube.

OUCH.. I got picasa, youtube and gmail.. I will have to keep that in mind.

Alwimo
June 28th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I've had google want me to give them my mobile phone number when I signed up for a google account in order to use it. So you might encounter that when you start a new one...

u-noob-tu
June 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
oddly, i reactivated my youtube account, closed it again, and then tried to make a new youtube account with the same email, which strangely, worked. before i did that though i looked at my google account and youtube no longer listed under "subscriptions and services", whereas the first time i tried it was still there after deactivation.