PDA

View Full Version : Halo C.E. Exeption data at startup :(

10mdg
June 27th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi, When ever i start (or should i say try to start.), Halo custum edition displays a gathering exeption data message for a half a second then nothing :(.

My specs are a Toshiba satellite 5105 s501, xubuntu natty narwhal, 512 ram 1.7 gh pentium 4-m, and 20gb hdd.

TY -10mdg

bobwyajnr
July 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hi, When ever i start (or should i say try to start.), Halo custum edition displays a gathering exeption data message for a half a second then nothing :(.

My specs are a Toshiba satellite 5105 s501, xubuntu natty narwhal, 512 ram 1.7 gh pentium 4-m, and 20gb hdd.

TY -10mdg

You're really pushing you luck to do any gaming on that laptop (since it is quite underspec'd).

Does it feature Intel integrated graphics per chance (which are not great to start with and are also badly supported under Linux)?

512Mb of RAM is also a very big ask to run any big programs (like OpenGL/DirectX games for instance).

If I was you I would check out that native Linux OpenGL games will actually run first (e.g. Alien Arena, World of Padman)... I think you might be disappointed...

You have to remember Wine is just a compatibility layer - it doesn't magic better hardware resources or graphics drivers out of thin air!

Bob